Sign in to follow this  

Lowering Foot Pegs & Different Handle Bars?

I have a 150rb. The seat to foot peg length is a little too short for me, I'm 5'6" and have a 30" inseam. I was looking at the Fastway Lowboys, but I'm not sure if the 1/2" down and 1/2" back position will buy me the room I'm looking for. Any thoughts on this? Are there other lowering foot pegs out there that might work better for me?

I was also thinking about changing the handle bars or getting a riser to give me more room in the cockpit. Any suggestions?

I realize I may be too tall for the bike, but I'm not going to get any bigger and this is what I have to work with right now.

Thanks for your input.

First, you're not too big for the bike. I'm 5'8" and plenty of riders are a lot taller than me that ride these. But all I did was get a triple clamp that allowed me to move the bars forward and a set of Renthal CRF150r High Bars. The bars are nice because they less sweep than most high bars. That opened up the cockpit quite a bit. Plus wider pegs helped too. I haven't tried the lowered pegs, but that would change the angle of my foot and the shifter and the brake lever, so I don't know about getting used to it, but I'm sure it would only take less than a day.

Get some seat time one the bike, you most likely won't notice how small it feels after a little while. I'm 5'7" and have the stock height bars and don't have a problem.

I'm 5'10", 185lbs and you'll get used to it with seat time like 53 said, or go to a pit bike for a week or two then come back on your 150rb and you'll feel like you're riding a limo. I upgraded from pit bikes so I feel like I can streach out and take a nap on mine! 👍

I also am 5'7" with a 30" inseam. The peg-to-bar relationship is far too cramped, especially when in the standing position.

I cut the peg mounts off the bike, moved them down 1" and re-welded them back on. It helps. (do a Search; I posted pictures of the process on this forum last year.)

This also improved the shifter/foot position a great deal, and the brake pedal will adjust for the change.

Higher bars will also help, and will be my next modification.

Good luck, since I doubt the very cramped ergos on the CRF150R/RB will ever be gotten used to; it's just too small to enable an adult to ride at their top level.

Thanks you all. Great feedback. I'll take it all into consideration and try it out.

I'm going to order the taller tusk risers for a bit more room 👍

Great cheap mod!! I'm happy with mine.

To get a little more room on my 150RB, I did the Tusk bar risers, Gutz racing tall seat, and Fastway lowboy pegs. Only have a couple rides with the pegs, so not exactly sure my thoughts on them yet.

I did the Tusk bar risers, Gutz racing tall seat, and Fastway lowboy pegs. Only have a couple rides with the pegs, so not exactly sure my thoughts on them yet.

If you can feel 1/2" difference in peg height, you have more sensitive knees than I. 👍

1/2" difference in any control/ergonomics of the bike is huge and can really effect your comfort level.

If you can feel 1/2" difference in peg height, you have more sensitive knees than I. 👍

I went with the Fastway F5's, to have them a little lower and more set back. But I've been riding for 12 years with "stock" width pegs, so the wider fatter pegs have a much different feel to my small size 6 feet. I'm not quite sold just yet on the pins/grip, but I only have 3 short rides with them. Tomorrow will be a true test, rocky creeks, hills, logs... so I will have a better opinion soon.

Im 6'3" use the RC high bend or Tusk bar risers with my stock ktm renthal bend, Gutz racing tall hard seat, and ordering Fastway lowboy pegs. Been riding for 15 years with standard height stuff and now its amazing how much more comfortable I am with the bike, If only I knew this back in the day when I raced. Best money ive spent on my bike yet.

1/2" difference in any control/ergonomics of the bike is huge and can really effect your comfort level.

When the pegs are 4" too close to the handlebars/seat, making them 'only' 3 1/2" too close isn't going to help a great deal in the ergos department.

Now, if they were in the perfect location, moving them 1/2" in any direction would make a noticeable difference and would affect your comfort level.

Ride safe.