Sign in to follow this  

Single exhaust 08

I have an 07. From my understanding and other threads I've read, no, you don't.

What pipe are you looking at? I've ran a thread asking for input on a pipe on my 07. Most people seem to really like the MRD for the FRC's.

If the system is designed for the bike 06-2009, it should just bolt right on. If you try and use a 04-05 system then I imagine you would need a subframe from that generation.0

If the system is designed for the bike 06-2009, it should just bolt right on. If you try and use a 04-05 system then I imagine you would need a subframe from that generation.0

This is correct,get one designed for the 06-09. If you were to get one designed for the 04-05 you can use your subframe but you would need to fabricate mounts as the mounting points are quite different between the two generations of subframes. Switching to the 04-05 subframe would not be a cost effective option as you would need to change the airbox,seat,rear fender,and side panels.

Well I was definitely lookin at dr.d cause everyone is claiming he's almighty at this. Then why don't more people run it? Or maybe people like it cause it's the best bang for your buck idk. I'm slightly influenced though so I may just go with that one. And sweet I heard a rumor when dual exhaust came out a while back that you had to get an 05 subframe maybe it was for an 06 idk. Well atleast the '10's went back to single exhaust so we all can quit fixing honda's "ooopsie". Thanks again everyone.