Sign in to follow this  

2vs4

Well...what kind of riding do you plan on doing? How do you want to know which would be the better buy? If you are on a budget and can't get a newer 4 stroke, I would recommend the 125 because it will be cheaper to get and cheaper to maintain. If you have the money to burn and really want a 250f, then I would try to get the newest possible, especially if you are buying used. A used high performance 4t can hide many evils and cost you a ton of money. Not all sellers are honest and are sometimes looking to unload, especially if it seems like a deal that is too good to be true.

Need more info like riding ability, and what type of riding do you plan on doing? If you can tell us more about yourself it would be helpful.

Don't u guys get kinda sick of hearing the same question ask everyday? The only way u will know is by trying a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke, not by opinions on the internet. Every1 has different riding styles, I personally love 2 strokes while my brother loves 4t. At least include all ur info: Age, height, weight, years riding, and type of riding! If u have ever ridden any 2 stroke or any 4 stroke, it should be pretty easy to decide what type of power u like more!

Don't u guys get kinda sick of hearing the same question ask everyday? The only way u will know is by trying a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke, not by opinions on the internet. Every1 has different riding styles, I personally love 2 strokes while my brother loves 4t. At least include all ur info: Age, height, weight, years riding, and type of riding! If u have ever ridden any 2 stroke or any 4 stroke, it should be pretty easy to decide what type of power u like more!

I agree 100%👍

i got a yz 250f

don't buy any hi performance four stroke especially older ones unless you are a good backyard mechanic because if something needs to be changed or adjusted, cam chain, valves because its gonna cost quite a lot unless your able to do it yourself

get a 125 2 stroke, cheaper, simpler and more if something happens theirs more chance you'll be able to fix it

ok well i am 5 foot 6 about 118pouds and i want to do some jumping a little bit of trail riding and just messing around i have been riding since i was 5

125 is your best bet... lower maint. costs easier to work on with limited knowledge. And will be more than enough bike for someone that just wants to mess around on it. Not to mention the most fun bike you will probably ever ride.

I agree with the 125 2t. They are great bike's and will make you a better rider in the long run IMO.

Try both and find what you like that will fit your budget, they are not remotely similar to ride....

125 2stroke, I am quite a bit larger than you and I ride a CR125 2 stroke right now. It still gives me the willies and adrenalin pump when I am riding hard.

125 2 stroke to get faster then hop on the 250f to win

bdmd76.png

eh, 250 2 stroke. i agree a 125 makes u a better rider but i lost my passion for its power in one summer. now... YZ250 and i love it

eh, 250 2 stroke. i agree a 125 makes u a better rider but i lost my passion for its power in one summer. now... YZ250 and i love it

that's the whole point it has no power you learn to maintain speed everywhere on the track it teaches you everything then you get on the 4 stroke after a year or two to wax what ever class your in

yeah, but its not as fun lol, i delt with it though. im a woods rider so a 125 just is'nt my thing. i loved it in fields and jumps/Mx but yeah i think it helped me ALOT