little red kill switch

so, i have this problem.๐Ÿ‘ when i am about 1/2 way up a realy big hill, and i am standing, leaning forward, holding on for dear life, just hopeing i can make it to the top, my frikin bear gut hits the kill switch and the bike dies and any hope for a good out come is shot out the window, and i sheet my pants. is there any mods i can do to this switch. can it be easly disconected, removed ect. and is there any cons to doing something like that with this switch. (yea, my gut is that BIG!)

Just take the little housing apart and solder the wires toghether. I had that switch take a dump on me 40 miles from the closest road so I jumped out every switch not needed to avoid future mistakes. Dude loose some weight and feel the difference in the power and torque the dr motor has. Thats what I did and was well worth it and probably the best mod I did to the bike.

Dude loose some weight and feel the difference in the power and torque the dr motor has. Thats what I did and was well worth it and probably the best mod I did to the bike.

just uncork it some more, I used to ride a TTR250, talk about getting your timing right and staying as light as possible. Now the big DR just plows through everything in it's way, nothing can stop that monster torque from deploying onto the battlefield, not even a fat bastard ๐Ÿ‘

Diet mod...just joking I got a big gut too. so was you able to save it. or how bad did ya crash it?

i did happen to save both climbs, did not go down exept when trying to cross a dryed up creek bed and fell into a ravin, i found out what 360 lbs of DR ways. broke my mirror and bent my bars. So lossing weight is my next mod in progress. seems to be the hardest mod so far. so back to the switch, is there a easyer way to conect these wires together or is at the switch the only way, if i rotated it it would move the start button also. (wont it ?).

i did happen to save both climbs, did not go down exept when trying to cross a dryed up creek bed and fell into a ravin, i found out what 360 lbs of DR ways. broke my mirror and bent my bars. So lossing weight is my next mod in progress. seems to be the hardest mod so far. so back to the switch, is there a easyer way to conect these wires together or is at the switch the only way, if i rotated it it would move the start button also. (wont it ?).
dude i know what u mean iam a fat boy also i dont see Y it would effect any thing in the starter in fact i think U might B on 2 something reversing the wireing might mean then the button in means the motor on, the button out the motor off be great for riden in the woods climbing hills dodging trees an going through creeks.๐Ÿ‘

dude i know what u mean iam a fat boy also i dont see Y it would effect any thing in the starter in fact i think U might B on 2 something reversing the wireing might mean then the button in means the motor on, the button out the motor off be great for riden in the woods climbing hills dodging trees an going through creeks.๐Ÿ‘

hey, i wish you could do that but it is a open or closed switch, so reversing the polarity of the wires wont do anything. the only thing that is makeing this difficult is the starter button. mmm still thinking !๐Ÿคฃ

just uncork it some more, I used to ride a TTR250, talk about getting your timing right and staying as light as possible. Now the big DR just plows through everything in it's way, nothing can stop that monster torque from deploying onto the battlefield, not even a fat bastard ๐Ÿ‘

hahahahahaha i must be an intermediate fat bastard still on a dr 350 ๐Ÿ™‚ oh wait a mo i made it a 440 :applause: yeah im fat as fk too๐Ÿคฃ

lol

as for the switch you can trace n cut both wires and cut them anywhere in line as long as you splice them together in a permanent style ie solder n shrink heat ,

I'm still half asleep so humor me if I am wrong. the switch kills the motor when pushed in right? drill the button with a small hole and put in a carter key or safety wire it so it cant be pushed in.

great idea, is the button solid, this will let the switch stay intact but solve the crisses !๐Ÿ‘

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/10/212/24293/DPITEM/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Kill-Switches-K-L-Kill-Switch.aspx

What if you need to use the kill switch in a hurry? I'd hate to imagine dumping my bike in a creek and have to get to the key and turn it before she sucks up water. 12 bucks and you can move the switch to some place on the bars where the belly dosen't rub...

hey, i wish you could do that but it is a open or closed switch, so reversing the polarity of the wires wont do anything.

I'm not too familiar with the 650 but does the kill switch stay in when you press it? If so, then reversing the wires should reverse the action of the switch... just like any SPST switch.

Then it's a simple SPST (two wire, on/off) switch.

I'm pretty sure that reversing the wires should produce the opposite effect when the switch is pressed in. ๐Ÿ‘

:confused:ok, pushed in, switch is opened, let out, switch is closed. reverse the wires to it, then when piushed in, the switch will still be open. how is swaping the wires going to mechanicly change the operation of a open-closed switch ? i think dirt monkey has a good idea. that will be better yet !

I wouldn't monkey around with the kill switch. The one time in a million you need it to work, you'll be very glad that it is there (i.e., getting your foot in the back tire with the throttle 3/4's open during a get off!). Why not just cut some aluminum plate to fit the inboard side of the switch housing? Something that sticks out far enough to stop your gut from hitting the switch, but that will allow normal access with your right thumb and dosen't alter the function of a safety device?

:confused:ok, pushed in, switch is opened, let out, switch is closed. reverse the wires to it, then when piushed in, the switch will still be open. how is swaping the wires going to mechanicly change the operation of a open-closed switch ? i think dirt monkey has a good idea. that will be better yet !
Hang on........ I'm thinkin ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

I wouldn't monkey around with the kill switch. The one time in a million you need it to work, you'll be very glad that it is there (i.e., getting your foot in the back tire with the throttle 3/4's open during a get off!). Why not just cut some aluminum plate to fit the inboard side of the switch housing? Something that sticks out far enough to stop your gut from hitting the switch, but that will allow normal access with your right thumb and dosen't alter the function of a safety device?

um, then should i put the kick stand switch and clutch lever switch back on ?๐Ÿ‘ anyway, i would still want the switch to work, but haveing this problem with the gut hitting is a commen problem that causes "get off's". i am just looking for ideas and some people, have come up with good ideas, pros, and cons. the aluminum piece you speak of, were would it mount to, another good idea !keep them comeing, i think we are on to solving my biggest problem, other than my big gut !๐Ÿคฃ