New Evansville Top Section pics ?

No pics, but I liked it better the way it was last year. I assume they removed the downhill jump for safety, and it was fine yesterday, but when the Ultimate series race goes there?? Riders will launch off the downhill WOT and land near the bottom (like yesterday), except there will be HUGE breaking bumps due to 5 times more riders. And unlike yesterday where it was primarily single-file, first laps will see multiple riders side-by-side going over the downhill.

And for anyone that wasn't there I'll try to describe the changes. After the big uphill the same double is still there, then it goes up the hill another 100' or so. Make the corner than there is a small double with an unforgiving landing, followed by the same table that was there before. Then they put in a double that pops you up really high with another unforgiving landing. Less than half of the B riders attempted it on their 2nd lap of practice, which was an early indication that this is not an easy jump. After this it's just a long flat straight right to the edge of the downhill.

No pics, but I liked it better the way it was last year. I assume they removed the downhill jump for safety, and it was fine yesterday, but when the Ultimate series race goes there?? Riders will launch off the downhill WOT and land near the bottom (like yesterday), except there will be HUGE breaking bumps due to 5 times more riders. And unlike yesterday where it was primarily single-file, first laps will see multiple riders side-by-side going over the downhill.

And for anyone that wasn't there I'll try to describe the changes. After the big uphill the same double is still there, then it goes up the hill another 100' or so. Make the corner than there is a small double with an unforgiving landing, followed by the same table that was there before. Then they put in a double that pops you up really high with another unforgiving landing. Less than half of the B riders attempted it on their 2nd lap of practice, which was an early indication that this is not an easy jump. After this it's just a long flat straight right to the edge of the downhill.

Why does he do shit like that???? He makes these f'd up jumps all the time, doesn't he???

If the C riders aren't trying it then W-t-f? Not mention less than 1/2 the B riders only tried it.

Were you doing any of them Brian?

A lot of people were jumping the two new doubles. My point was that after rolling it once to get a feel for it, the B guys were not all like "Oh my God that's easy". I didn't try the two new doubles.

Were the landings all peaky like the ones down on the bottom?

Thats what I thought. Its like those jumps where you shoot straight up in the air and then have to pivot perfectly for the 45* landing. Too short and it snags your back tire and rips the bike out from under ya, too far and you plow nose 1st into solid ground. Happened to me down on the bottom.

Not to mention he took out the 2 180degree turns before the uphill eliminating 2 of the tracks few spots to pass. I'd say 60% of the track is 1 lined and the other 40% that's not isn't a good 2 lines! I got a few bad starts and would try anything possible to pass and would take about a lap and a half to do so. Plus it's so unforgiving to follow and wait for a mistake with all the huge rocks and 4th and 5th gear sections! I only had enough energy for 1 pass per moto! Haha. The track is fun, minus the doubles with no landings, but it just isn't really raceable. Too tight, hardpacked in the corners and too many slight high speed turns that just make people not hold thier line. I'm definatly practicing starts before the ultimate race!! Probably the only place where that's more important than track time! Haha

They liked hearing what people had to say, which sounds good at first, but who should they listen to? I or anyone else can talk track design, but what do I know?

I really think they should talk to whoever designs the race track at Englishtown. They make more track changes in a normal month than all the other local tracks do in a year combined. Sometimes very easy, sometimes very hard, but often the jumps are good for all levels of riders; where slower riders have 2 40' tables the faster riders connect them to make a very large double.

And with those big hills, why is there not a single gnarly rutted multiple lined off-camber corner? Seems like so many possibilities to make it safer and better for racing.

• 6 months later...
.....And with those big hills, why is there not a single gnarly rutted multiple lined off-camber corner? Seems like so many possibilities to make it safer and better for racing.

Sorry to bring this thread from the dead but i raced there this weekend again and i almost hate it.

im talking the sx track but the mx track is the same. why they dont make it a better safer track is beyond me

the sx is like riding on a frozen lake with one studded tire alternating from the back to the front, and back again. there is zero loose dirt on the sx track. i mean its fking "dirt" biking. we'd all be better off with a semi street tire. you lean the bike over and there is nothing there to hold you. and if you dont get a 1st place start then forget it. there isnt any passing. and these people are making all kinds of money. i just dont agree with the way they run thier show. i placed overall in my class for the whole series. but i missed 2 races because i got hurt in september and i couldnt get a trophy cuz i didnt attend enough races. idk if thats the way all tracks do it but thats twice they have done that to me. i mean points are points right? if i am compettitve with the points, what does it matter how many races i do. i mean i know that its all about making money but.. it sucks when you go and your performance warrants you to place, but you cant recieve an award for your collection cause you didnt "invest" enough into the seires.

someone leaves in an ambulance every sat night. youd think theyd get the picture that thier dirt bike track needs some dirt. i hope they read this.

that being said with the amount of people that scurry there, including myself, why make it better? they are clearly making a killing and people are still o' flocking

I went to two of the sx practices in the summer. I thought it was worth the $20 and the dirt was decent for the first couple motos before the quads polished it up. However it didn't take long for me to realize how dangerous the place is. I decided not to race that series cause I felt like either i was gonna get hurt or other riders were gonna hurt me. You dont really have much of choice choosing lines there.

Well race day is a little different since they water the shot out of the track right before dark..... It gets so greasy, almost like the wood on a pier where the Asian guys gut 50,000 fish a day! I didn't go up all summer and figured I'd try it out... What a mistake. It was packed and 15 minutes before signup closes there was nobody in bike open A or B. After racing I know why, cause if you know better you wouldn't be there! I think there was maybe 5 bike riders that weren't c or d class. It's not good racing on a bike it's more like follow or lead until you make a mistake. The track layout was ok minus the "whoops", and they're really nice people but just too many quads. Unfortunatly though they gotta do what makes them money and if more quads come that's who they gotta cater to... I lost the front end after the finish line jump trying to slow up cuz the guy I was racing with went over the berm and it happened so fast I couldn't belive it. So I'll just stick to Mx like I did this year!!!

Well race day is a little different since they water the shot out of the track right before dark..... It gets so greasy, almost like the wood on a pier where the Asian guys gut 50,000 fish a day! I didn't go up all summer and figured I'd try it out... What a mistake. It was packed and 15 minutes before signup closes there was nobody in bike open A or B. After racing I know why, cause if you know better you wouldn't be there! I think there was maybe 5 bike riders that weren't c or d class. It's not good racing on a bike it's more like follow or lead until you make a mistake. The track layout was ok minus the "whoops", and they're really nice people but just too many quads. Unfortunatly though they gotta do what makes them money and if more quads come that's who they gotta cater to... I lost the front end after the finish line jump trying to slow up cuz the guy I was racing with went over the berm and it happened so fast I couldn't belive it. So I'll just stick to Mx like I did this year!!!

definitly. and i dont want to hear that they got to do what makes money, ie the quads.bc they could VERY easily race quads friday night, and bikes saturday night. or vice versa. and more ppl would come. 1 bc the night would be shorter. racing bikes till 11 or 12 then driving home gets old. esp when youve sat around the last 7 hours for a total of 12 minutes on the bike. 2 ppl would be able to come to an all bike race or all quad race and that has appeal to each group. 3 obv the track conditions would be better. so there for more ppl more money.

i agree with you that a lot of A guys arent there. bc they kno it blows and are mature, experienced, and smart enough to go elsewhere. but if your wondering where the B class went....ha it was absorbed into the C class. answer me this...college boy, generally speaking, is a fast class right? faster then C predomminantly we can agree? if yes, tell me why 2 or 3 of the kids that trade wins in the college boy class are lined up in C.

:excuseme:

Yea I would go again if they'd split up the nights for sure! Even if they'd just alternate weekends with quads n bikes. They might have limitations on how often they can run events or don't have time to do more or can't find workers, ect... Who knows. But they have tons of quads, gonna have demo derbys next year, next will be a funnel cake stand and pro wrestling and after that just a full blown carnival!! Haha. Yea I understand the class issues cuz there was a c rider out in practice that stayed in front of me the whole practice, but it was my first time riding that layout. But he was still going fast. Although maybe he woulda raced b but there was no one else in the class? Me n my buddy just ended up racing each other both classes so we coulda just done that at home not for 70 dollars. Atleast I got my money back in open a! Haha