Sign in to follow this  

shock bolt torques?

New 105 and changing the shock spring, but the manual does not list the torques for the shock bolts?

Anyone know these?

thanks

I don't have a book here at work but I do think it's listed in the back of the book. Look for a page that says something about chassis.

All the torque specs are listed.

I don't have a book here at work but I do think it's listed in the back of the book. Look for a page that says something about chassis.

All the torque specs are listed.

I just downloaded the owners manual from ktm and they list mist torque specs but not the shock bolts. I would assume tight lol jk.

Personally, on my old '98 300, I use really light torque on those bolts, and rely on safety wire, on both top & bottom bolts, to keep the bolts in place.

I don't know about your newer 105, but my '98's bolts have dished heads, and are actually fairly soft, which makes drilling them with a 1/16th drill easy.

I drilled a small hole in my frame up by the upper shock mount for the the safety wire to anchor to up top, and I run the wire to the plastic guide/clamp/thingie that routes the rear brake line on the bottom. Hope this helps!

Jimmie

Edited by Diesel Goober
spelling-I drilled a "hole", not a "hoe", hee hee.....