Sign in to follow this  

2010 hard to start

i did my first couple pre season races the last couple weekends and stalled a couple times, was in 2nd place and by the time i got it fired i was a lap down. now i didn`t fall just stalled. anyone else having this problem? i`m doing the restart as per manual, some other guy on the same model had the same problem. any suggestions would be great.

Interesting.... I thought the 2010 was suppose to restart easier when hot. Suppose to get ours next week. I will be watching this for the outcome. Any other issues??

i`ve got about 4 hrs on it. i love the bike. it`s my favorite one i`ve owned so far. and ya i thought the fi was supposed to take these problems away. i`ve found when starting cold and with no charge on, kick three light stokes not trying to start, then with fast idle out starts first kick. let idle for atleast three minutes. now will just stall on the gate and i `ve heard it`s called flame out. i`ve moved the idle up 2 clicks and it`s better but not perfect, if i stall during a moto, i`m outa the race. sucks

anyone else with this bike and has a tecnique thats workin, i`m racing three days this weekend and some input would help.

here is my trick and works in one or two kick every time. this bike is easy to start

cold start

3-4 light primer kicks- not full kicks just light ones

pull the fast idle knob

kick from tdc down in a smooth motion 1 or 2 times and it fires right up

warm start

kick from tdc in a smooth motion 1 or 2 times and it fires right up

Ever thought of trying a hotter plug? Maybe that might help. Picking up our 2010 this Friday.

are you filtering the gas before you put it in the tank? if not your fuel filter may be clogged and causing the problem.