Race tech gold valve kits any good?

I have an 06 crf450r, im 5'11" 220 lb's (will be down to around 200 lb's in about 6-8 weeks). I mainly freeride (az natural terrain. kind of mx style riding) but do the occasional track day. I dont consider myself anywhere near pro and have no intentions on racing anytime soon but I have been riding for about 9 years and am good enough that I can really romp on a 450 and use plenty of its potential. What im wondering is, are the racetech gold valve shock AND fork kits that you install yourself any good? My suspension now is bone stock but i am looking to dump a lil money in my bike and figure suspension is a good way to start.

I would suggest that you install heavier springs first, then see how that feels with the stock valving. I weigh 210 and had my 06 set up with .49kg front and 5.7kg rear springs and they worked well for mx with the stock 06 valving.

for sure, good stuff. I just do fast trails and some woods, no mx racing but i would consider myself somewhat "expert" .. Totally changed how i feel about the 04crf450. (close to what you have). My mechanic did the instal, but you choose what type of riding, level of rider, weight, etc. It gives you what springs, shims, oil levle, etc. I did end up going with 10wt outer fork tube oil, and had to raise the level 10mm, as well as stiffen up the damping from the initial settings but I LOVE the bike. I have ridden dirt bikes for 1/2 of my 42 years, and never had aftermarket suspension work done on my dirt bikes (semi-prof. road racer and have had very high dollar Ohlins stuff on those..) but i was very impressed for the money that was spent what a difference it was.