Sign in to follow this  

XR 95 looking 2004 like

Hi I own a 95 XR 250L and I am working on its look(want it to look 2000 on) , I will work on its motor/frame paint, also using 400R rear fender and brake light unit, graphics, and 4R front head light assembly and front plate ( red and white ones) Do any of you guys have any odd photos from the head light and front plastics so that I would know what am I dealing with?

Also any recomendations will be apreciated.👍

So does it have a metal tank on it? If it does, one thing you may try would be to see about doing to metal work to it to add shrouds off a newer CRF to change the entire look of the bike.

Add a CRF front fender (I think it looks alot better then the stock XR250/400 front fender) Another thing to add that will update the look would be going with a CRF/X headlight.

THe thing with the XR250/400 rear fender is that it has the side number plates that form into it. The previous 250 has a gap between the side plates and the rear fender. If it were me, I would use a MX rear fender off a CR/CRF and then if you needed a rear tail light, add an aftermarket light used for a dual sport that mounts under the fender.............Just a thought.

Just looked at you bike in your garage and noticed that you have already dont some of the things I mentioned. Your bike looks pretty sweet for an older XR.

I know my bike is a little old and dont pretend it to look like a brand new CRF or something is that far from, still will use a CRF front fender but I dont know about the shrouds, alllready have a rear fender from a CRF but don´t know, I makes it look longer and somehow lower rear ended, there is a guy doing a glassfiber work on the XR4 rear fender so it fits my XR almost OEM like!! I was wondering if you had photos from the headlight assembly, you know just to know how should I adapt it.

Thanks for your recomendations if u have more they are apreciated.