surprise!!!!!!!!!!!

today i opened the kx engine of my son,, and i see some bad tings,,,, the water gear (the plastic one) a few teth come of,,, a broken water seal,,, and a damage in piston and head sleve,,, for me thi is no problen but when i go to buy the parts,,one guy mesurement the piston and tells me that this piston is oversized,,, not factory,,,,bad news for me,,, now im going to buy a new piston, new sleve maybe $300.00 👍

Has it been sleeved already? If it has you may be able to over bore it cheaply.

Chokey I'd hate to buy one of my old bikes lol. At least I would tell the next owner all there is to know about it though......If I can remember.

Ed

did i need to apply any sealing agent to the metal head gasket???? i ask you that because in others engines i put shelac or cooper!!!!!!!!!!!at this time te engine is already assembled ,im only waiting for the piston rings thats come tomorow........thanks friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍

did i need to apply any sealing agent to the metal head gasket???? i ask you that because in others engines i put shelac or cooper!!!!!!!!!!!at this time te engine is already assembled ,im only waiting for the piston rings thats come tomorow........thanks friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👍
I use 3M Coppercoat on head gaskets.
the tork in the head bolts are????? maybe 18lbs more or less:banghead:
My 250 is 18 ft/lbs. The 100 probably is also, but hopefully someone here that has a 100 will chime in.