Sign in to follow this  

Washington E. WA. Dust Storm

So we were taking my daughter to Spokane last Thursday 3-25 for the big volleyball tourniment and ran through the biggest dust stom I have ever seen. Holy crap it was huge, All the way from George to Ritzville was solid dust and tumble weeds along I 90.

That place needs some serious moisture.

Got some rain today:banana: Hopefully we get more before the D100:thumbsup:

I think we need some snow...a true 100 mile Frostbite. :thumbsup:

Not sure which year this was...

Desert1.jpg

But I'm pretty sure this is Wiz's bike

Desert2.jpg

I think we need some snow...a true 100 mile Frostbite. :thumbsup:

Not sure which year this was...

Desert1.jpg

But I'm pretty sure this is Wiz's bike

Desert2.jpg

I think that was 2008...during set up week we awoke each morning to a dusting of snow that would melt off by 10:00 am and the riding conditions were perfect!

Definitely NOT my bike (I bleed blue!)...pretty sure it is MX813's old ride.

I stand corrected :lol:

A snow covered race would be quite the adventure. :thumbsup:

This has happened before, Like 1986-87? in Vantage.

I think that was 2008...during set up week we awoke each morning to a dusting of snow that would melt off by 10:00 am and the riding conditions were perfect!

Definitely NOT my bike (I bleed blue!)...pretty sure it is MX813's old ride.

I took those pictures like Wiz said in 08... this was the week before the 100 weekend when we start working on the course.

Interesting weekend that day...dumped Friday night, gone by noon, no dust...did a night ride with Wiz and it dumped again Sat. night...gone by noon, no dust again!

Haven't seen those pics for awhile:thumbsup:

So we were taking my daughter to Spokane last Thursday 3-25 for the big volleyball tourniment and ran through the biggest dust stom I have ever seen. Holy crap it was huge, All the way from George to Ritzville was solid dust and tumble weeds along I 90.

That place needs some serious moisture.

Locals call it a "dirt storm". Fairly common.

did a night ride with Wiz and it dumped again Sat. night...

Did you get to ride in the dark while it was snowing?

That would be cool :thumbsup:

Did you get to ride in the dark while it was snowing?

That would be cool :thumbsup:

Strangely no...we rode for less than an hour, then headed into town for drinks. A bunch of us got back around 2am and still no snow... guess it only snows during the witching hours.

Not sure if I would've ridden in snow...something about riding in snowy, wet slippery rocks, with 14lbs in the front and a maxxis IT on the back with HID lights detailing every snowflake falling in front of your eyes... Not sure if that combination is healthy.:lol:

What, the whole drinks back at town and then motorcycle riding or the overly illuminated snowflakes? :thumbsup:

the overly illuminated snow-flakes....ever drive with the high beams on while snowing? HID makes it 10x worse :lol:

Prolly seizure inducing. :thumbsup:

:lol:

But we digress...forecast over next week is some chance of rain end of weekend and some sun next week. I will believe it when I feel the rain.

That plus the rain they have had since Sunday will help with some dust control...but it is a desert race so...dust is all part of the game.

:thumbsup:

But we digress...forecast over next week is some chance of rain end of weekend and some sun next week. I will believe it when I feel the rain.

That plus the rain they have had since Sunday will help with some dust control...but it is a desert race so...dust is all part of the game.

Don't cancel the water trucks!

TONY

Yes my awning blew off my motorhome on friday morning going over to Richland for a race....