Sign in to follow this  

can't decide drz 400s exhaust please help

my motor is stock now all i want to do is 3x3 jet and full exhaust i like the rs2 but heard you can modify an rs3 do the gains justify doing this? also looking at mrd but concerned about noise.

My two cents: RS3 is a great choice if you want a ridiculously loud pipe to further the anti-motorcycle efforts. Owned a KLX and a DRZ with em, far too loud to make friends or keep enemies at bay, even with a quiet insert. Why I had two is beyond me... other than the 1st bike got ripped off.

I have an RS3 on my DRZ400 and its great... i think it was about 400 bucks for the full system.. I bought it here on thumpertalk.

My two cents: RS3 is a great choice if you want a ridiculously loud pipe to further the anti-motorcycle efforts. Owned a KLX and a DRZ with em, far too loud to make friends or keep enemies at bay, even with a quiet insert. Why I had two is beyond me... other than the 1st bike got ripped off.

actually its not that loud with the insert in it....I think its rated at 96db with the insert in.....but I passed a 94 db sound test at the six days of michigan.... and trust me the sound test guy was highly surprised... hehee.... also.... i didn't even notice a power loss with it in....

My DRZ has the 3x3 mod, JD jett kit and full yosh RS3

but yeah... with it out... its loud....

Most in the DRZ forum recommend the MRD SSW setup.

They do, and it makes the most dyno-proven horse power (equal to Yosh Ti), but it is extremely loud and really a closed course pipe. I wouldn't run one on the trails.

Muzzy has a deal on their pipes on ebay brand new for like $260. About the same performance at an rs2 but cheaper. If you are looking for performance MRD is the way to go .

I raced a DRZ in MX back in 2000-02. Had a T4 pipe, loud as anything I've ever heard. Add a FCR with a JD jet kit & you will pick up more everywhere, especially low end response.

The pipe is more speed in your head than in the real world. Side by side drags with a YZ426 back in the day proved that to me. 50/50% who would pull a wheel ahead in about 100 dirt yards in our MX parking lot.

I think the FMF Q series is a good compromise between picking up some power and not letting the bike get too loud.

As for the MRD/SSW, even the guys that were involved with making it will tell you not to get it if noise could be a problem.

I think that's another way of saying that it's quite loud.

Many say it gives the most power, though, along with the Yoshimura Ti TRC system. 👍

My DRZ has the 3x3 mod, JD jett kit and full yosh RS3

Is there any other way to ride them??? Well, minus the RS3, if I were to get another DRZ I think I'd go with FMF. I'll get a 200-300 2T before that though! 👍

I ran a Rs3 for 2+ years. Bought a MRD/SSW to go with the BB stroker application. Made a difference everywhere, however I thought the noise of my old yosh Rs3 was more raspy and annoying than the MRD. just my .02 worth.

If noise if factor, run the stocker with E header, sure it has been mentioned already. 👍