Sign in to follow this  

gsxr can, difference in year models ???

I found a gsxr 1000 can but it's a 07 or 08 model and was just curious about the difference between it and the holy grail 01/02 models.

Is it just the fact ther titainium, the weight (and about whats the weight difference) or what ???

07 or 08? If you actually looked at them the difference should be pretty clear to you.

They only thing they have in common is that they are both exhausts.

I hae'nt laid eyes on it, A guy at work said he new wher one was I mite get give to me so I was just curious, oh well, from what I've seen (the lenghth) I've had thoughts on lookin at some other cans anyway, as long as the inlet is the same it should work, but probably have to fab a bracket.

You can always find a picture of the entire motorcycle on Google, that should make the difference pretty clear.

2001_GSX-R1000_blue_600.jpg

2007-gsx-r_1000_a.jpg

Quite a difference to say the least,guess that answers my question.

I was lookin on flea bay last nite just to see what ther was, some wher I read a guy bought a (off ebay)can that came off of a ducati if I remember and picked it up for around 40 bucks (trying to find the thread now), it was oval shaped and short and to me that would be good thing compared to the size of the gsxr can.

As far as performance I dont have a clue what to expect by going to a different can but I dont think ther will be anything drastic no matter which one I go with, basicaly I'm lookin for weight savings, somteing smaller than the monstrosity thats on it and any boost in performance will be a bonus.