Sign in to follow this  

Horrible online shopping experience

If you're thinking about ordering something off of thumpertalk, don't.

I placed an order for about 8-10 bolts, I placed my order on March 21st and my item hasn't even shipped yet.

I've dealt with other online companies that have to order their parts from factories and they didn't take anywhere near this long.

Not to mention shipping was like $8, I've missed out on 2 weekends of riding, and I bet this will be my third.

Don't care if I get banned, this is ridiculous. I'm the one with the money, and the consumer is always right. Please speed up your guys service.

inb4 flame

The sensible one would simply go to an auto parts store or a home depot for a few "bolts". Before you publicly flame a company, don't you think it would be appropriate to give them a phone call and see if there is a reason why shipping was delayed? What happens when they tell you something like they held the order because your credit card was declined. Everyone knows what happens when you ASS-U-ME.

I imagine when the time comes that I decide to make an order from the TT store, I imagine it will take more than your recommendation to sway my business one way or the other. Sorry things didn't work to your liking, but I imagine every business in the world has had a situation where something like this happened, yet, they have thousands of satisfied customers as well. It's just a numbers game, and yours came up.

My bet is that you ordered OEM bolts, and they had to order them from the OEM then that usually takes about a week (5-6 business days the last couple times I ordered OEM parts. The minute they receive them, I bet they throw them in a box with your name on it and ship it out to you that day. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck a used condom in your package of bolts.

Next time pick up the phone before you ASSume anything. If you wanted them quicker you should have cut out the middle man and ordered from your local dealer.

I love TT nothing against them at all great forum great place but i think this is a great example of why you should supposrt your local dealership. That way if you had a question or problem you could easily call them up and be like hey whats up. I work at a dealership and yeah depending where your bolts are coming from it can easily very easily take up to 5 workings day. But like i said great example of why to support your local dealer so you can call up and ask whats going on

I love TT nothing against them at all great forum great place but i think this is a great example of why you should supposrt your local dealership. That way if you had a question or problem you could easily call them up and be like hey whats up. I work at a dealership and yeah depending where your bolts are coming from it can easily very easily take up to 5 workings day. But like i said great example of why to support your local dealer so you can call up and ask whats going on

Last week i ordered 6 sprocket bolts, nuts and washers. Front and rear brake rotor bolts and nuts from my local dealer "OEM" Just for the simple reason they are "around the corner" they cost me 135.00 dollars no $hit. I just got the new factory effex rims, new rotors and sprocket. I thought it would be nice to leave my stock rims together. to save some time between moto's if I get a flat. they were special order and had a 35% restocking fee. so ya I'm stuck with them.👍

My bet is that you ordered OEM bolts, and they had to order them from the OEM then that usually takes about a week (5-6 business days the last couple times I ordered OEM parts. The minute they receive them, I bet they throw them in a box with your name on it and ship it out to you that day. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck a used condom in your package of bolts.

Next time pick up the phone before you ASSume anything. If you wanted them quicker you should have cut out the middle man and ordered from your local dealer.

Yes that is exactly what happens, and if the dealer has to backorder it takes even longer. But in all of my dealings with TT on OEM parts they have kept me advised on staus and ECD. Do you read your email or have you called for status?

Other options: Lowes and some other hardware stores do have a good assortment of metric fasteners, but not J bike style. And some dealers have them in stock.

So you got about 18 bolts, a few nuts and washers for $135?! Holy crap you got screwed!!!!!

So you got about 18 bolts, a few nuts and washers for $135?! Holy crap you got screwed!!!!!

YUP! Not even a kiss good bye.👍 and that was 16 bolts, a few nuts and washers for $135!

I was wondering what the hell happened to you ultragtanon... you havnt updated your rebuild thread in a while!

same thing happened to me, I ordered from TT store and wasnt happy with shipping. I also made a thread talking bad about TT store and how pissed off at them I was. I ended up talking to Bryan Bosch and Matt Tiede and they made everything better, they refunded me 2/3 of the shipping cost back. 2 awesome guys and I felt like a real dick after what they had done for me. they could have refunded my money, told me to &%$#@! off and banned me, but no, they treated me with lots of respect despite me being an ass, and I couldnt believe it. I received amazing customer service. but same thing happened on that order.. parts werent in stock or something so it took about 7-10 days before the items actually shipped, but thats ok because those particular parts were for a friend and hes in no rush.

so yeah, I would say talk to BB but im sure theres nothing he can do about it, or tell you something that you already know; the parts were on backorder or not in stock so your best bet is to just wait a few more days 👍

YUP! Not even a kiss good bye.👍 and that was 16 bolts, a few nuts and washers for $135!

Holy butt-rape Batman! I know exactly how you feel. I've got an '07 drz125 that I want new plastics for. OEM plastics are all that is available. Ummmm.....yeeeeah, not gonna happen.

Oem parts will always take longer than anything aftermarket. Thumpertalk even states that on there order forms. Waiting two weeks for backordered parts does not constitute a horrible online shopping experience imo. It sucks waiting on parts but you do have options and in this instance a few bolts is when I normally suck it up and go to the dealer. When I'm putting together a full bike rebuild I source the parts online as it will always be cheaper.

I suggest you use your dealer from now on and see if they can do better, and when they don't, get on their free web site and trash them.

Here's an idea that hasn't been suggested yet. How about keeping an assortment of spare bolts on hand so that when one breaks or falls out you've got one and can get back up and going quickly. They when you are waiting for your replacements to come in it's no big deal.

The old adage an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure still holds true.

Besides all of this, waiting for 8 days? That doesn't seem very long to me.

So, OP, did you ever call TT, or contact them in general? I'm still blurry on that detail for some reason.

Did they at least dim the lights and light some candles?

If you're thinking about ordering something off of thumpertalk, don't.

I placed an order for about 8-10 bolts, I placed my order on March 21st and my item hasn't even shipped yet.

I've dealt with other online companies that have to order their parts from factories and they didn't take anywhere near this long.

Not to mention shipping was like $8, I've missed out on 2 weekends of riding, and I bet this will be my third.

Don't care if I get banned, this is ridiculous. I'm the one with the money, and the consumer is always right. Please speed up your guys service.

inb4 flame

PM me your order number. Your forum registration email is not the same as that used on your order.

Banned? That's kind of silly don't you think? Do you really think we'd ban you b/c you have a concern on an order? Because we've never given you any reason to believe such.

You don't need to fight to get a response. Just ask. 👍 I'll have a look see and response here with the skinny.

Bryan