Maxima FFT question

I just bought a small jug of this from a shop in town.

I told the guy that I had seen a buddy of mine use some thick blue nasty gel type crap, had to really really work it into the filter, but wow did that stuff ever pick up dirt and stick! I never saw him once have a leaky airbox from too much of it, and the stuff was like glue.

Right away he was nodding his head and highly recommended the maxima, so I took his word on it and bought it.

I opened it up and it's runny, runny like the UNI stuff that I bought before.

I hated the UNI because it was thin, it would drip out my airbox no matter how much I rang out the filter. On top of that, it would appear to dry out the filter after a couple days of sitting, the filter felt literally dry and lost all of it's tackiness.

I used it a few more times giving it a shot, but same old crap so I'm done with it.

Is maxima going to give me what I want? Something that doesn't run, retains it's tackiness by not allowing the filter to dry out over time, and have dirt cling to it?

I hate buying shit that's exactly what I had before when I'm looking for a change, this hopefully will not be strike 3 for filter oil for me.

Comments?

It's been 5-6 hours (riding time) since I cleaned the filter, so it's time for a change tomorrow. But until then if you guys have anything you want to say about the stuff, I'm all ears.

thanks!

It feels thin when you pour it out, but tacks up nicely when it sets for a couple of hours. I use FFT and when I oil a filter I let it set for a while before it goes into the bike, I do this so it doesn't run.

UNI makes many of the stock filters, as well as their own aftermarket ones. So....who do you imagine knows best about what the ideal filter oil is???

I used FFT once upon a time, but realized that it was way way more gooey than necessary, which only made it harder to remove. If you think UNI is to runny, let your filter sit a few days after oiling so any excess can drain down (in a plastic bag with paper towels in the bottom) before installing it in the airbox.

UNI makes many of the stock filters, as well as their own aftermarket ones. So....who do you imagine knows best about what the ideal filter oil is???

I used FFT once upon a time, but realized that it was way way more gooey than necessary, which only made it harder to remove. If you think UNI is to runny, let your filter sit a few days after oiling so any excess can drain down (in a plastic bag with paper towels in the bottom) before installing it in the airbox.

Yeah and when you do that you see the filter is completely dry and and all the oil has run in to the bottom of the bag! i will NEVER use uni oil again

FFT works great, but personally I think it is a little too thin to start with. A lot of it ends up on the ground when I apply it. I like the belray filter oil, tacks up like the FFT, but is a hair thicker when you apply it. Both are very good filter oils though.

The only things I don't like about it are the fact that you have to let it setup before installing it which adds a step and wastes another pair of gloves, and it costs a little more than Belray per each use.

You can put it in the bike right after oiling it, just don't start the bike for about 15 minutes or it will suck some of the oil off. I've found that FFT starts to tack up while I am working it in, enough that it doesn't run off the filter when I put it in the bike.

You can put it in the bike right after oiling it, just don't start the bike for about 15 minutes or it will suck some of the oil off. I've found that FFT starts to tack up while I am working it in, enough that it doesn't run off the filter when I put it in the bike.

I tried it that way several times and it made my bike real hard to start. My theory is that the fumes from the evaporated solvent displace oxygen throwing the fire triangle out of balance.