Thanks RC - and everyone

Going to miss the comadre of this forum but I sold the ZipTy YZ250 and picked up a low hour KTM300XC from a friend. Been riding the YZ's for 4 of the 4 1/2 years I've been riding .... have to admit I really love the KTM.

Things the KTM has shown me .... I probably had the forks on the YZ pulled up too far in the clamps to keep the front from pushing - the KTM feels like the front is higher (more rake) but still doesn't push the front so it's much, much more stable. It also feels as if the swing arm is slightly longer which pushes more weight to the front making the front stick. (this is what it feels like - no idea if the measurements back this feeling)

The YZ motor is very fun and reliable - but the KTM300 is the holy grail and now I see why. It has all the peak of the YZ250 but will pull perfectly smoothly from what feels like 1000 rpm.

Lastly, I'm 6' and the KTM just "feels" like it was designed for my height.

What?!?!?! No more YZ? Traitor! At least you stayed with a smoker though. Was it Schenk's bike?

Hey, what happened to the TRS forum? Every computer I've tried, and even my phone's browser, block it out as a security risk. I haven't been able to access it in probably 6+ weeks now.

KTM ??

Its_the_Great_Pumpkin_Charlie_Brown.jpg

?

To be honest, every modern KTM Ive ridden I was only mildly impressed.. Ive been on an 06 XC250, an 08 250XCW and a couple 09 450EXC's and 525s... I agree with what you say about the handling.. The fronts are planted solid on the KTM's, but I cant help but feel like the front wheel is between my feet.. :applause: The motors never impressed me either, but then again, Im riding an EGorr big bore :jawdrop:

Im glad you found a bike ya like, but I think you'd like mine better ??