where's chad

Who cares. ?

Me. I don't like the guy at all but so far the big bikes have been rather dull this year. Seems like there's rarely ever any good battles going on. The best one was between Dungey and Villopoto a few weeks ago, but then RV crashed out so that was lame. I just want him to come in and stir up the pot a bit you know?

Me. I don't like the guy at all but so far the big bikes have been rather dull this year.

Dull? We must not be watch'n the same races. We have a Rookie with the points lead, an oldtimer that keeps knocking on the door of the podium, a lights rider screwing up everything and the fastest guy on the track keeps losing points.

• Like 1

rookie is a term used inappropriately...how can you call rd a rookie when he has been riding in the ama for a few years

do they call canard a rookie as its his 1st rides in the 450 class?

this year had a lot of fans wet at the mouth in anticipation and it has not come about

i find myself watching the lites class more than once each week and only once for the open guys..just my observations

rookie is a term used inappropriately...how can you call rd a rookie

This is his rookie year in the big bike class. How many other first year 450 riders have come out and held the points lead from the get-go and half way threw the season? I for one expected him to fold under pressure but he's been rock solid.

The nice thing about this year we don't have JS (talk'n like goofy) "oops I messed up and fell down" and CR (the drama queen) crying about other riders or the track. This year has been focused on the racing and I could care less if CR or JS ever come back to SX.

Actually that's not true.........I'd like to see the young guns spank them and eventually it will happen.

I'd rather see them come back...the only reason I could think of that someone wouldn't want them to come back is that they might win, and that might upset somebody who likes the new guys. I could care less who they are. Just dirt bike riders...they don't take out my garbage, pay my bills, or sanitize my sewage...not very important in the grand scheme IMHO. They are paid to hurl themselves into the unknown, and to the winner goes the spoils. I've never been much of a groupie, and 'FAN' of the sport doesn't describe me well. It fascinates me, but after my teenage obsession, it's become something else. I'd just like to see the best out there giving it their best.

Dull? We must not be watch'n the same races. We have a Rookie with the points lead, an oldtimer that keeps knocking on the door of the podium, a lights rider screwing up everything and the fastest guy on the track keeps losing points.

Rider reputations and point standings are largely irrelevant to my point - the racing is boring. How many times have you actually found yourself sitting on the edge of your seat cheering on your favorite rider as he is battling it out with a challenger? It's been rare for me.

Most races this year have consisted of one rider running away with it while there's huge gaps in between riders behind him. It's just dull. I want to see bars banging and good passing. As I said, the closest thing we had to that was a few weeks ago, right before Villopoto crashed and stuffed his exhaust with dirt.

IMO: Chad Reed and James Stewarts are just collecting the pay checks these days. Their hearts arn't into racing anymore.

isn't that the truth..... i'm a pretty big chad reed fan and root for him anytime he is on the track but come on man josh hill been riding with broken ribs and thumb and reed comes out races qualifying and says i dont feel right not racing yet..... terrible

and he wont even defend his outdoor title that irritates me as well as bubba not doing the whole outdoor series...outdoors is the real racing anyways...how many of us have ever been on a supercross track? probably 0

isn't that the truth..... i'm a pretty big chad reed fan and root for him anytime he is on the track but come on man josh hill been riding with broken ribs and thumb and reed comes out races qualifying and says i dont feel right not racing yet..... terrible

and he wont even defend his outdoor title that irritates me as well as bubba not doing the whole outdoor series...outdoors is the real racing anyways...how many of us have ever been on a supercross track? probably 0

My exact thought's there man, i race enduro's and broke my thumb in my first race this year.....i still manage to make it to the line up every race

There are all sorts of bone breaks, and thumb wrist breaks are often special/bad. People have all sorts of reasons for riding. Personally I'd be happy to see Chad heal up properly and be able to ride more races at his best pace before he calls it quits for ever. If he rides injured for no self joy or no money gain, and comes say 6th, then what's the point for him or spectators? Perhaps the only benefit of him coming back earlier than he feels is right, is to make all the Chad haters happy. He's not racing for you, me or the fans. All riders race for themselves. Just a fact of racing/sport/life.

If youre talking about Reed, where did you get this info? He's signed on to defend his outdoor title. Who told you different?

Reed didn't race with a broken thumb cause he don't have to. No championship on the line. Josh Hill has been riding thru it for points because there's an outside chance he could win it. Not so for Reed.

There are all sorts of bone breaks, and thumb wrist breaks are often special/bad. People have all sorts of reasons for riding. Personally I'd be happy to see Chad heal up properly and be able to ride more races at his best pace before he calls it quits for ever. If he rides injured for no self joy or no money gain, and comes say 6th, then what's the point for him or spectators? Perhaps the only benefit of him coming back earlier than he feels is right, is to make all the Chad haters happy. He's not racing for you, me or the fans. All riders race for themselves. Just a fact of racing/sport/life.

? I would rather see a 100% chad in the outdoors than a banged up chad coming from a SX season that really meant nothing.