Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha 88 Warrior

I was wondering if their would be any difference in a jet kit for a 88 warrior vs a 99 warrior? my friend has a 99 and he has an extra jet kit so i was wondering if it would work for my 88.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i don`t think there is a diffrence just make sure they are the same kind of jets if there the same it should work put it in if there same just make sure it runs right after install and check your plug thats all i can tell you or check with dealer they should be able to tell you for sure

the older carb was a 2 cable design. the newer one was a single cable / linkage, but none the less same carb

so what i ended up doing was getting ahold of dynojet themselves. i asked them about it and the guy on the phone had no idea but said they would call me back. then the research and development department got back to me a day later and said that their is no difference in the carbureator and that the jet kit would work fine. i ordered the jet kit modded my airbox and installed the FMF powercore 4 exhaust. Best 400 bucks ive spent so far.