PW50 carb won't stop leaking fuel!!

Well, I took the carb off to clean it, and everything went back together okay... Now when I start the bike/turn on fuel, it won't stop flowing fuel out the bottom fuel drain tube (yes that screw is on there and closed tight). The choke is slides up and down freely, so no sign of it sticking.

Anyway, I've taken the carb off 2-3 more times to see if I can find the problem and can't seem to... Do I just need to get a new carb? Any tricks?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe that o-ring went bad... I thought the same thing. So, I pluged the hose and it still leaked! The flot works and isn't sticking. I'll try a new o-ring with that screw on the bottom first, if that doesn't work.. Then it's off to get a new carb

i have never had a carb problems on our bikes. i do pull apart our carbs on a regular basis. i pull out anything that can be removed. spray with carb choke cleaner, and blow out all ports with the compressor. then reassemble, with new gaskets or use gaskets that are relatively new.

if your float is not seating, check the plunger and make sure its seating when the float goes up and down. also that the rubber end is still pliable and does not have imperfections.

Take the carb off the bike and take off the float. Hook it up to gas supply and hold the float valve in with your finger. If gas doesn't come out then you know you can adjust (bend the plastic tab). If gas does come out then I'd get a new valve and seat.

I have had the same issue, it is the needle valve itself. The little rubber tip wears just slightly and won't seal properly. So replace the Needle valve in the carb and it'll stop otherwise what happens is it stays open just ever so slightly and fuel then pushes out the overflow on the bottom. Solves my problem every time... Just sucks that it is about 20 bucks for a needle valve.

One other tip that I recently figured out as one of my carbs was leaking from the bowl gasket actually is that the bowl will warp over time. So take it off and make figure 8's on the concrete until the high spots are down, you'll be able to tell as some spots will show the scratches from the concrete and some will not. This will even out the high spots and make the gasket actually seal nicely. Hope this all helps.

Oh, and I run QT50 mopeds which have the exact same engine and carb as a PW50 so what I'm telling you is actually applicable to your model bike.