Debate: Best Enduro Riders In the World.

The Europeans are pretty good aren't they? And i do agree with the trials background. Most enduro riders can ride trials and vise-versa.

I would say overall the Euros are the cream of the crop. Certainly each country has put out a few guys worth mentioning, but the depth of talent that comes out of Europe is pretty amazing. Like mentioned by others, it's the popularity of trials there and how kids start off young on a trials bike as opposed to peewee MX track stuff here. With the extreme tests of WEC, you need that trials background.

Europe + Scandinavia and Aussieland. Same goes for the best MX riders.

Ummm, I'll give ya the enduro riders, but you have got to be kidding on the MX scene. For every non-American who has success in SX or MX, there are 10 Americans just as good. If the MXGP series was the top series in the world, how come the MX1 Champion has to come here and race the Lights class? It's been 25+ years since the Euros have been dominant at MX.

Oh yeah, last time I checked, the Scandinavian countries are part of Europe.

Yep, last time I checked Scandinavia is indeed part of Europe. Must have been having a dumb moment - my mate's GF is a Swede, I have mates in Finland. Still stand by my comment re MX riders though....you know, the proper fast racing MX stuff, instead of the non-stop jumping circus.

Still stand by my comment re MX riders though....you know, the proper fast racing MX stuff, instead of the non-stop jumping circus.

Supercross is the worst thing that's ever happened to off-road motorsport - big stupid jumps, too many riders being hurt. Meh, it's just circus.

Anyway +1 for Dave Knight ('cos I'm a Brit). A mate of mine does trials and enduro - the balance, control and reading the course elements of trials riding certainly make him fast on the enduro course.