Sign in to follow this  

how long will a 450x last fully stock?

ive got an 08 model, just wondering how many klms anyone else has got out of them without problems. my old man has a dr400 that has done 35000km and he replaced the piston the other day and said the engine and piston looked perfect so im wondering how the crf will compare, although not expecting anything like that. cheers

Many variables but it's not uncommon to get a couple hundred hours on stock valves. If you go to SS intakes it will run much longer. Still it's a good idea to swap in a new piston every 60-80 hours. The 450X properly maintained is a war horse.

I've had my 2005 for 2 years and 9 months with no mechanical issues yet. Without looking, I have about 600 hours on it (about 570 with the Vapor and a few months without.) Never replaced the piston even. Valves still in spec. Bone stock engine, airbox and muffler. Only changed the jetting. I don't rev the piss out of it since I am more of a recreational, exploratory type rider and prefer the low and midrange. So I also go about 15-20 hours or 300 miles between oil changes. I just use Walmart Supertech crap oil unless I'm going away for a full week of riding, then it's Redline. I always use the Honda red bottle in the tranny and change it every 40 hours.

My 2005 CRF450X has over 17,000 km on it. It still has the original valves and they have stayed within spec with only minor shimming. I replace the piston every year and the cam chain every other year and change the oil and check the valves every 1,000 km.

It's a beast and runs as well now as it did when it was new. 👍

I have a 07 with 270 hours on the vapor (8300 miles). Its all stock engine and tranny wise. Just a chain and brake pads so far. Just watch the oil and keep the air filter clean and you can run them forever!

4,348 days, 8 hours, and 17.3 seconds.

But only if the wind blows from the South-East and you carry a Snickers bar in your left pocket.

Lesbians generally get the above +8%.

But only if the wind blows from the South-East and you carry a Snickers bar in your left pocket.

👍🤣:lol:

I'm glad some one cleared that up.👍