Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 bogging and hesitant

I have a 1998 cr250 that likes to bog off the bottom. It seems to have LEDs throttle response than it should. I think it might be lean? It has a fmf fatty pipe and a pro circut spark aresstor. It starts first kick cold. But it is some times a pain In the donkey to start hot. It has a k and n type air filter. Riding conditons are around 2500 to 5000 feet. Please help. Should I buy a jd jet kit?

When was the last time you rode the bike? What temp was it? Was it bogging then? How about when it's 25 degrees cooler or hotter than that temp defined above? Wheres the air screw set at?

If you blip the throttle and the motor is coming back down to idle does it come back down very slowly, hanging at a little higher RPM before resting at idle or does it drop below a idle speed then come back up to a idle speed?

Could be jetting, crank seal etc. If it just started bdg this in the same whether, point to crank seal. Spooge? Clean the carb, see what the jetting is, float height, check reeds. What is the color of plug?