Sign in to follow this  

2006 DRZ400E jetting

I've got a 2006 DRZ400E I removed the snorkel and Burned helped me with jetting. The bikes been running great. Now, I'm ready to up grade to a Yoshimura RS 3 Exhaust and K&N air filter. I'm riding at 1375 Ft. and I have a slow air screw. What jetting changes do I need to make?

you would be better served by the stock air filter or a twinair for offroad.the k&n is most usefull for street only as it will allow the fine dust through eventually eroding the face of the valves.

as for jetting you will need to post up which carb you have and what the current jetting the bike has along with any internal modifications so you can get help.

I have a Keihin FCR39H: 165 Main Jet, 200 Main Air Jet, OBDXP-4th Jet Needle, 2.9mm Needle Jet, 45 Slow Jet, Slow Air Screw 5/8, 90 Air Jet, Zip TY Fuel Mixture screw 1 1/2 out. No internal mods.

i think that eddie now advises using the emn needle on the 3rd clip.your riding altitude is fairly insignificant and i assume the rubber snorkel at the airbox has been removed.the rs3 is just an average pipe but will flow a little better than the stocker the mrd/ssw system is the one to have nowadays.i'd do the main jet test in 3rd or 4th gear and report back.