Sign in to follow this  

vapor computer mount + scotts damper? will it work?

Hey guys, is there any way I can make this work.. if I buy the stabilizer, is there any other mounts where I can mount it other than the same spot that my vapor is mounted.. it seems its either one or the other, but not both :'(

I have a vapor computer mount and an planning on buying a scotts damper.

judging by his pics, im wondering if I can mount both the scotts damper AND the vapor computer with its current mount without having any problems?

I notice he has his barpad cut and his computer mounted off to the side.. id rather not cut the barpad as my vapors cables are hidden away in there.

is there any way I can make this work? would I have to buy a new/different mount?

thanks.

anhnno.jpg

rt2i6g.jpg

f584gk.jpg

15o9ykk.jpg

o5dv2h.jpg

It will work but you will need a sub mount system (BRP or Applied) for the Scotts....On my 450X that was stolen last year I had the Scotts and BRP Sub Mount with the Vapor computer coming off of the handlebar mount like it is in the 1st pic...and you will be able to have a bar pad that is not cut in half.

I got everything needed from CRFs Only but the TT Store probably has everything also.

It will work but you will need a sub mount system (BRP or Applied) for the Scotts....On my 450X that was stolen last year I had the Scotts and BRP Sub Mount with the Vapor computer coming off of the handlebar mount like it is in the 1st pic...and you will be able to have a bar pad that is not cut in half.

I got everything needed from CRFs Only but the TT Store probably has everything also.

perfect, do you think you can get me a link? that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. I dont quite understand what a "sub mount" system is.

thanks.

perfect, do you think you can get me a link? that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. I dont quite understand what a "sub mount" system is.

thanks.

Sub Mount means the stabalizer will be mounted underneath the handle bars, the below link shows a pic of what I mean. This is the BRP model but Applied makes a nice unit as well. Also, the sub mount will raise your bars up a little bit (little over an 1") but that can be fixed with a different handlebar bend. I'm 6' so I preferred the raising of the bars.

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/popup_image.php/pID/1339

• Like 1

yes that is perfect. I also like how it would raise the bars.. I am also 6+ feet tall and ive been looking to do that anyways!

perfect, thank you very much + gas for ya!

Here's a pic of my current set up...GPR V3 w/ remote adjuster. GPR is a decent unit but I prefer the Scotts...seems like I am getting the GPR rebuilt (new seals) every year but I only have to pay for shipping so it's a pretty good deal. Also, I went with the Trail Tech Endurance computer (smaller) this time around and mounted it in the middle of the handlebar pad (not pictured).

100_2221-1.jpg

100_2220_00-1.jpg

perfect. I just checked the site and seem to have run into a problem...

I notice their handlebar is different, theirs is the one with the square barpad and I have the circle one.

it also says " NOTE: The BRP SUB mount bar clamp is for oversized bars only and not accept standard 7/8" bars

BRP's S.U.B. Mount was designed to allow the use of a handlebar pad for those who prefer a little more safety. The S.U.B. Mount system is a clean design and offers a little taller handlebar position which can be adjusted by the use of different handlebar bends."

so am I going to have to buy different handlebars in order to run that setup? I have 7/8 with the round barpad... they have 1 1/8 with the square barpad.... 👍

You have to buy the bar adapter kit for the BRP kit to work with 7/8'' bars, I recall them coming with the kit a few years ago. The Applied kit allows the use of 7/8" bars without having to buy the spacers.

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24_107/products_id/2247

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/24_107/products_id/2584

ok perfect. im leaning towards the BRP one but one final question!

am I able to use my current handlebars, with the cross bar + circle pad, or am I going to have to buy the bars that have the square barpad like that you have Braap, in order to run the BRP one?

You can run your current 7/8" bars with the round pad, just need the adapter kit. This pic is from the Pre-Scotts days of my 450X but I ran the same bars...RIP 450X-stolen by a piece of sh$! thief!

TXApril06004.jpg

how much do these sub mount kits raise the bars? I have a 450x and I know that the wires and cables will not reach if the bars are raised too far. I have a renthal twinwall tall bar with an additional 1" raised from stock and that is about the max without redoing the clutch switch wire and throttle cables..

Edited by slpcrf450x
clarification

how much do these sub mount kits raise the bars? I have a 450x and I know that the wires and cables will not reach if the bars are raised too far. I have a renthal twinwall tall bar with an additional 1" raised from stock and that is about the max without redoing the clutch switch wire and throttle cables..

I don't recall the exact measurment but everything (clutch switch, cables, kill switch, front brake line and computer wires) reached fine on my X. The tall bars combined with the sub mount may be too much though.

perfect, thanks braap, I now realize that the top cross bar has nothing to do with it as im going to be mounting on the handlebar not that cross bar 👍

thanks, I owe ya one!

I don't recall the exact measurment but everything (clutch switch, cables, kill switch, front brake line and computer wires) reached fine on my X. The tall bars combined with the sub mount may be too much though.

I would kinda like a scotts stabilizer but GPR has their V4 that they claim only raises the bar a little. I am affraid that the scotts stabilizer will raise my bars to much:banghead:... I have them right where I want them right now and I don't want to change them much in iether direction

BRP sub mount is what you need ....for sure ,i'll post pics tonite!! as far as raising the bars too high , well I'm 5'11" and it is more comfortable with the sub mount for me ...but to each his own !

BRP sub mount is what you need ....for sure ,i'll post pics tonite!! as far as raising the bars too high , well I'm 5'11" and it is more comfortable with the sub mount for me ...but to each his own !

well... raising them a little more would not be a bad thing but some of the wires and cables don't have much more reach in them:banghead:

If only the GPR V4 only damped away from center. It is a nice slim damper that doesn't move your bars much...

Maybe someone could measure from the top of their tripleclamps to the bottom of the bars on their specific setup to give me an Idea if that will work for me or not...