Help please! 2007 CRF450 engine problem?

Hi chaps,

I was racing last Sunday on my 07 Honda 450 that we have had from new and it has about 50 hours on it and came round to the second race of the day and the first thing i noticed was it didn't pull properly off of the start but then seemed fine for the first two laps but then as I was in the air the bike suddenly had a strange feeling like the spinning of the engine was not centralised anymore (if that makes sense?) it was as if the inertia mass of the engine was not cetralised anymore like it gave a feeling of being 'ovalised'. I stopped immidiately and havent yet had a chance to have a look.

Has anyone got any initial ideas please?

Thanks in advance Gavin.

You might have to dig a little deeper to find out what's going on. What do you mean by the bike "didn't pull properly off the start"? Did it bog? How does the bike start and sound? You may have to ride it to see if you can get the symptoms to repeat.

You might have to dig a little deeper to find out what's going on. What do you mean by the bike "didn't pull properly off the start"? Did it bog? How does the bike start and sound? You may have to ride it to see if you can get the symptoms to repeat.

Thanks for the response guys.

I reacted really quickly on the drop of the gate but it was as if the clutch was slipping, I hooked 3rd and then 4th but it didn't seem to accelerate anything like it normally does. Then for the next 2 laps it pulled perfectly fine but then this problem? The first thing I did was looked down at the back wheel because my initial thought was the back wheel had broke up. The bike still pulled down the straight after the jump ok but had this very 'unbalanced' feel to the weight of the spinning of the engine.

I'll have to have a look inside and keep you all updated.

Thanks again for all your responses ­čĹŹ