Sign in to follow this  

Idle Frustration!!!

Bike starts, will run with throttle advanced. Will go full bore but if you back off on the throttle it will cough, sputter, hack, bark, pop etc etc. Sometimes it will relight and keep going other times it will die.

Did it for the first 5km then was ok for 20km then started again. Put 30km on 10 were hellish!

Fuel is fresh and clean, filter and tank look good. Carb was drained, plug is good, air filter is fine. Hot start lever is good and plunger is free. Intake valve clearance is at 0.004" which is min spec. Ran great in Nov.

Anyone have this grief???

Had a similar problem last year. It turned out be water in Igniter contacts (left from the final wash before the winter). I cleaned it and put a lot of Di Electric grease in there. So in short check for water in all the "plugs". The one in front of the radiators is prone to get a lot of water in it too.

The screen IS doing some funny things - horizontal line, flashing on and off, going CHINESE every now and then during the starts. I though it looked kind of funny!

Plug behind rad is siliconed more than Pam Anderson so that is all good. Will check the TPS and GPS plugs and giver with contact cleaner.

Unit was in a heated garage all winter and tucked in every nite with a blankie...

I like my bike but if this thing was a horse we would be out behind the barn right now having a heart to heart and it would be looking at the buisness end of a cold, hollow bar of steel.....

When yer out with 5 KTM puzzies and team green is snorting and grunting, coughing and hacking....it cost you a lot of beer at the end of the day!!!

Thanks guys will give her a try right now.

F#%$@*G ELECTRONS.

Was the Magneto Lead conector - full of moisture. Now has more di electric grease in it than Marilyn Chambers...

Runs like a top - thanks boys!!!

hello...can you please tell me what ( and where ) this Magneto Lead connector is...? i have exactly the same issues...thank you

Remove your left rad shroud...you will see an inverted black connector behind your left rad on the frame. Unplug it, hit it with some contact cleaner and pack it with dielectric grease. Worry no more!

It also might be a light gray color.

Mine [u.S.] is light gray also. I never had this problem but I also don't use a power washer on my scoot. They tend to push water into areas they shouldn't be in, i.e.: bearings and electrical connections. Since I'm re-springing right now, I took the liberty to pull it apart and pack it with grease anyway; [preventitive maintenance]. Keep this in mind before bathing mean green:thumbsup: