At Least Somebody Is Glad I Flaked On Team

Even though the Team ride was going on not too far North of us, I flaked and spent the weekend in the Freemont Peak area with Agent2 and Rolls7. I'll be spending 4 or 5 days at Spangler in a couple weeks, so I just couldn't see making the drive this ride also.๐Ÿ‘

I have no pictures from Saturday, but we did do a 135 mile loop that included, Black Canyon, Inscription Canyon, The B-24 Memorial (http://www.aircraftwrecks.com/monuments/b24f100.htm), and a stop at the AM/PM for a so called pork product sandwhich, and new camera batteries.

Sunday came and we set out for a short ride before packing to go home.

Armed with a camera with good batteries, we set off for the Husky.

On the way we found this new Team Wilderness Area.๐Ÿคฃ

AssValley001.jpg

AssValley004.jpg

After the Husky, we rode the wilderness trail North of Cuddeback.

The start of the trail.

AssValley006.jpg

No shots of the trail, but some of the other side.

AssValley008.jpg

AssValley009.jpg

AssValley010.jpg

To be continued.....

• Like 1

Just as we were getting geared back up, we heard a "HELLO". Through the brush, down the trail came a guy hiking in motorcycle boots, and orange pants.๐Ÿ™‚

He had a KTM 990 that wouldn't crank over in the morning, so he walked just short of 8 miles to where we were. After giving him crap about the color of his pants:busted:, we rode him(:applause:) back to his camp, and tried to give him a jump.(:jawdrop::cheers:)

AssValley011.jpg

AssValley012.jpg

AssValley013.jpg

Trying to jump it just didn't work. I about cooked my bike, sitting there, reving the crap out of it:bonk:

Finally we gave up, and tried taking my battery, and putting it in his Katoom. Well, you know the answer to that. It spun it over about the same as his did. I finally won, and we tried my idea of trying to tow, and bump start it.

AssValley014.jpg

AssValley016.jpg

With my double strap, we lined up on the road, and after a couple of attempts, and some coaching:smirk:, it fired!๐Ÿ‘

Talking to the guy, he is a college professor that is doing a Geology Mapping project. He usually carries a 12 volt jumper but the battery was fairly new, so he left it at home, this trip out.:crazy: We hung out while he packed up, and then rode as a group, back out.

I squeezed out 230 miles, no flats, only 3 missing "lucky" shroud bolts, and BEAUTIFUL weather.

A big thanks to Rick, Steve, and espescially Dr. Terrence Young for showing me a great new area to explore.๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by timoyz1

So you bent over and someone had a lighter? Looks like the WR could use some new sneakers...Nice pics, waiting for more!

When you heading to Spangler?

My tires have been toast since, before the last trip to Spangler(TTTDay). To many bills and other things to spend money on, but they are coming soon.

My next Spangler trip is 4/7 to 4/10. Right around the corner.๐Ÿ‘

My tires have been toast since, before the last trip to Spangler(TTTDay). To many bills and other things to spend money on, but they are coming soon.

Leaving this Friday afternoon๐Ÿคฃ and most likely departing on Wed the 7th:(, so I will wave at you on the highway as we are passing each other.๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 2

Dam, sorry I missed out on that ride Sunday. Would have been an Adventure!

I had heard you might have been coming.๐Ÿคฃ You missed a great 2 days.

Its a good thing you found that guy, Its a looooog walk outta there

Wayne

There was a camp on the West side of the lake, so he probably only had another 10 miles to go.:applause:

Leaving this Friday afternoon ๐Ÿ™‚ and most likely departing on Wed the 7th:(, so I will wave at you on the highway as we are passing each other.:jawdrop:

Rain tomorrow, so you might still find some puddles.๐Ÿ‘

Awesome riding all weekend, and overall, the weather was pretty good. I arrived Saturday morning, Tim and Steve had arrived the night before. We didn't waste much time before heading out of camp.

The campsite

30-i.jpg

Day one, we did 1 big loop.

Tim and Steve at Inscription Canyon

30-e.jpg

Some of the inscriptions

30-b.jpg

After inscription, I tried my best to keep up with the two speeders, we ended up at the gun club

30-g.jpg

We then took off heading south, than west, than north, finally ending up at Kramer, our fuel tanks almost empty. We took a break, than headed off again, finally getting back to camp, about a 130 mile loop.

Next day, we decided to go riding before breakfast, however between just having a lot of fun exploring, and rescuing the stranded rider, we wouldn't get back to camp until 2PM.

At 230PM, breakfast was served, Tim cooked a bunch of bacon, eggs, and potato's, we chowed down.

Steve working on his second plate

30-h.jpg

After breakfast, it was time for Tim and Steve to head back to the rat race

30-j.jpg

I stayed out one more day, headed to a different campsite with the plan of one more ride that day, decided I was just too tired to ride. So I kicked back, listening to The Drive on the radio under a full moon, absolutely a beautiful night in the desert.

Next morning, I headed out to explore the abandoned town of Lockhart. Once a busy little farm town, now a ghost.

30-p.jpg

30-o.jpg

The huge General Store, complete with gas station

30-q.jpg

Once, someones house, the desert is in the process of taking it back.

30-r.jpg

Heading back to camp, I found areas where the spring bloom was beginning

30-s.jpg

Packed up camp, and headed to one last spot for some canyon riding. It was a warm day, in the canyons, it was hot.

30-t.jpg

30-u.jpg

All in all, a great weekend, we had a lot of fun. And found a few new areas to explore. Thanks Tim and Steve, let's do it again soon.

• Like 2

Where do you plan to camp on 4/7?

• Like 1

Good to hear you guys had a great trip!Thanks for the report. Spring bloom is looking good!

I was going to PM you with a invite, then time got away from me, and with all the riding you've been doing lately, I figured you'd want a week off.

Where do you plan to camp on 4/7?

I can be persuaded to go anywhere. I was going to see if there were any others going, and slip in the back door.๐Ÿ‘

That was a fun weekend. We sure did a lot of riding ๐Ÿ‘

A big thanks to Agent2 for showing us some cool stuff. That guy can sniff out the abandoned stuff like nobody else.

Thanks also go to Timo for cooking up an excellent breakfast. I kind of pigged out, but I couldn't let all that food go to waste, could I ?

• Like 1

I was going to PM you with a invite, then time got away from me, and with all the riding you've been doing lately, I figured you'd want a week off.

I can be persuaded to go anywhere. I was going to see if there were any others going, and slip in the back door.๐Ÿ™‚

Back door :cheers: oh wait we are not in TTT :applause:

Me and my boys are headed out Wednesday morning. My wife will join us Friday afternoon. We have a few others that are supposed to come up from San Diego and Escondido but they have yet to confirm.

That was a fun weekend. We sure did a lot of riding ๐Ÿ‘

A big thanks to Agent2 for showing us some cool stuff. That guy can sniff out the abandoned stuff like nobody else.

Thanks also go to Timo for cooking up an excellent breakfast. I kind of pigged out, but I couldn't let all that food go to waste, could I ?

back doors and sniffing๐Ÿคฃ uh, stay out of our camp :jawdrop::crazy::moon:

Thanks Tim. Appreciate the thought for sure.I mighta took ya up on it.I coulda been the other slow guy back there with A-2.Wait a minute!That didn't come out right! How come these Threads always get tainted? Ha I was wondering though if it was some SSS and I wasn't invited?lol Been riding the last 4 weekends but it's been hard to get someone to go.Chris is,well you know how the PW thing goes.Going to OW this weekend for a 2 nighter if it's not blowing,sleeping in the truck.Wanta go? Last time out we rode Fish creek area for about 70 miles and Campbell.Anyways,I might try to make Spanglers,we'll see.Spring is gonna be great from the looks of it.Be getting warm here in a couple of months.Not many weekends left.

Cheers

• Like 1

Even though the Team ride was going on not too far North of us, I flaked and spent the weekend in the Freemont Peak area with Agent2 and Rolls7. I'll be spending 4 or 5 days at Spangler in a couple weeks, so I just couldn't see making the drive this ride also.๐Ÿ‘

I have no pictures from Saturday, but we did do a 135 mile loop that included, Black Canyon, Inscription Canyon, The B-24 Memorial (http://www.aircraftwrecks.com/monuments/b24f100.htm), and a stop at the AM/PM for a so called pork product sandwhich, and new camera batteries.

Sunday came and we set out for a short ride before packing to go home.

Armed with a camera with good batteries, we set off for the Husky.

On the way we found this new Team Wilderness Area.๐Ÿคฃ

AssValley001.jpg

AssValley004.jpg

After the Husky, we rode the wilderness trail North of Cuddeback.

The start of the trail.

AssValley006.jpg

No shots of the trail, but some of the other side.

AssValley008.jpg

AssValley009.jpg

AssValley010.jpg

To be continued.....

Flaked, HELLO, you weren't invited... ๐Ÿ™‚