Sign in to follow this  

motorcycle hitch carrier

I have one that is similar but not exact. I love it, and have had it for three years with no problem. Mine is aluminum, and welded, whereas this one looks like it is bolted. Not good or bad, just different. I paid $110 delivered (ebay).

Mine holds up well have driven many miles with it. Even though pulling out my driveway a strap broke and my bike fell on the asphalt. 👍:mad:

I have one, and use it on my Dodge Nitro, with no problems at all. I love mine!!

I have one that is similar but not exact. I love it, and have had it for three years with no problem. Mine is aluminum, and welded, whereas this one looks like it is bolted. Not good or bad, just different. I paid $110 delivered (ebay).

I believe I have the same one as you, that's about what I paid and mine is aluminum also. But anyways, it works pretty nicely, I use extra straps cause I'm paranoid.... I end up using at least 2 on each side of the bike. Took it on a 1500 mile trip last year and it worked great, didn't have any issues with it. Will be taking it on that same 1500 mile trip again shortly.

I picked one up locally last night. I think it is made by Rage or something like that. It seems to be well built but I haven't gotten to try it out yet.

Bought one From Harbor Frieght. Not usually one to say there stuff is top quality, but with the advise I read here from other (crf450r section) I bought one last week. The part that goes into the hitch is steel, rest is aluminum. Buddy here at work said thats the way to go since he has seen some ALL aluminum crack at the receiver after many miles of bouncing. I will be using it for the 1st time Friday, but I did load the bike on Saturday and it seems very sturdy. $100 with a 20% off coupon.

I also need a hitch to mount to my car. Anybody use these? Curt, hidden hitch and Draw-tite are the main manufactures. I"m not sure which one to get.

Regarding your hitch. what bike are you hauling around? a 200# bike is going to be putting about 350# or more of downward force on the hitch, or "tongue weight". because the bike rides about 16 inches behind the car. Leverage effect. I use one on my yukon and my 250# bike sags the rear of it about 3 inches. I would NEVER haul a bike more then 200# with a car. Your headlights will be pointing in the air,not on the road

Regarding your hitch. what bike are you hauling around? a 200# bike is going to be putting about 350# or more of downward force on the hitch, or "tongue weight". because the bike rides about 16 inches behind the car. Leverage effect. I use one on my yukon and my 250# bike sags the rear of it about 3 inches. I would NEVER haul a bike more then 200# with a car. Your headlights will be pointing in the air,not on the road

I have a 04 ktm 125 sx (206lbs dry). The hitch i'm going to buy is rated class 2, gross trailer weight 3500 and tongue weight 350lbs. But the hitch is 1 1/4" and the bike rack is 2", so i'm also going to need a 1 1/4 to 2" converter which will extend out an extra 6" I was dead set on this earlier today, but now i'm not so sure anymore. Do you think this set up will work? According to the manual my car can tow 2000lbs, it has a v6, 3.5L.

http://www.autoanything.com/towing/73A3874A0A0A2655659.aspx

My friend tows his 450r quad on one of them! 80mph on the freeway all day with it🤣

I personally wouldn't wanna tow a quad or street bike on one, but I'd trust them no problem for towing a dirt bike

I did tow my bike like this all last summer, 140 miles on way to work out of town, 80mph the whole way 👍

dsc07260.th.jpg

I had definitely looked at the one from Harbor Freight. Putting a 690 Enduro on it I wanted something that is supposed to hold a bit more weight. The one I got is supposed to be rated to 600LBS. It is all steel and weighs a ton but seems like it will hold up.

I used one all last year. It works well. The one I have is a crgo carrier with a channel bolted to the top. The cargo tray only had two welds holding the tray to the square tube receiver hitch. One weld broke and luckily the other held. I would reinforce the tray or channel with a couple of struts for sure!

It sure beats paying the extra toll money for a trailer!