Sign in to follow this  

04 CRF50 Leaking oil from Carb?

I am fairly new to the 50's. Every time I start the bike, whether I run it for an hour or 30 seconds I end up having a few good size drops of oil out of the bottom of the Carb. The black drain tube always has a little in it...but a little also drips out from the bottom of the carb itself. Why would there be oil in there? Could it be that there is some back pressure that is sucking it in? Any clues would be helpful.

check and see if your air filter is clogged. if it is there is a good chance that might solve your problem.

Are you sure its oil? If there is that much oil getting into the carb you notice oil and not gas coming out, then you probably have a issue (clogged air filter, or waaay to much oil in the motor

Oil can get into the carb cause the crank cases breather goes to the air box, however it shouldn't be enough to notice... IF your carb is getting full enough to leak, then a LOT of oil would have to be getting in there.. And I wouldn't think your bike would run right if oil is coming out