Sign in to follow this  

NewJersey Pachaug this weekend

With most of ma state parks not opened for another good month I was thinking of going up to Pachaug this weekend. Has anyone been there recently and can share some feedback? I've never been there before, do you have any suggestions for a first time visitor?

Thanks

Ruben.

Its a fun place but if you've never gone, a trail map won't keep you from getting lost. There are road sections in between trails to get lost on. I bet there is a ton of water. Some areas may be very challenging! If you are going, get to the NETRA lot around 8:30 or 9:00 and hook up with someone.

its good riding, a 60 mile loop with apx 45 miles dirt. its has a nice mix of terrain.got to be street legal and its simalar to north NJ type terrain but its not as hilly. its not well marked youre best bet is to go to the northeast fourm in advrider there it a very active thread there so you should have no problem finding someone to show you the loop. watch the watercrossing anyone whos been there knows what im talking about.

Thanks, I checked the advrider site and it had some good info. I actually ended up holding off going last weekend hoping that it would dry up a bit. I currently have plans of being there this coming Sunday. Hopefully it works this go around.

it begins in Plainfield, CT at the corner of Dow and Spaulding Road. There is a dirt parking lot in which you can park. Not sure on the conditions, if I get a chance I'll check it out. Currently, it's marked with white diamond shaped signs with red arrows or just red arrows.

cannot ride this weekend as we have a motocross race in Central Village. If you are fast contact throttlejockey (like really fast!). If you are a recreational rider see if you find akarob on thumpertalk. they live in the area. If you post an anticipated time I'll note it on the CCCMX website. The club maintains the trail. Good luck.

I rode part of the Pachaug loop just this past Sunday.

On some trails, a river must have been flowing down some of the hills after all of the rain we got - they looked like mini Grand Canyons with lots of dirt washed away exposing lots of rocks.

There was also some standing water, but no more than we had after last summer's rain fest.

Be on the lookout for trenches being washed-out from all of the rain recently that can swallow you up if you don't see it, both on the trails and on the dirt roads. 👍

I am just getting back in after a very long hiatus so, by the looks of it, throttlejokey may be done with the entire Pachaug loop by the time I get to mile mark 1....I will also still be breaking in a new te250. As of right now I have plans for being at the parking lot around 8:30-9am.

throttlejockey generally finishes ahead of everybody less a few 'god like' riders. try for akarob. not sure how to find somebody on thumpertalk. He's a mellow guy. I'll forward your statement above to several guys.

dropped a PM to akarob for you. good luck! Motocross races going on in the afternoon at Central Village (maybe 4 miles from the Dow Road entrance). Feel free stop by in the afternoon.

Yea, I'll be there Saturday. I like to put the kickstands up at 9:30, but no later than 10. I usually show up by 9 so I can "gear up".

I know the route and you shouldn't have any trouble with my pace at all. Feel free to tag along.

Rich - when ya coming up again? PM me.

Akarob - any chance you'll be there on Sunday? I can't make it on Saturday...It would be great if we could meet up but if not...may be next time. Thanks for offering it up either way!