Sign in to follow this  

bbr bike build.... to or not to......

So i was seriously thinking about getting a mini to join my friends and race around on. I have been riding for a while (07crf250) but never bought a mini. I know someone who is selling a perfect condition BBR perimiter frame for around $800. just the frame and swingarm no suspension. I know how much they cost new, and I was thinking of jumping on the deal. My question is. about how much more do i have to dump into it to have a rideable bike ( Note: i do not need the most expensive motor, forks, rear shock, etc.) just want to make a reliable bike out of this without going overboard. maybe turn it around and make a profit off a sale. i dont know much about fifties or what parts are good or not.... would you do it?

So i was seriously thinking about getting a mini to join my friends and race around on. I have been riding for a while (07crf250) but never bought a mini. I know someone who is selling a perfect condition BBR perimiter frame for around $800. just the frame and swingarm no suspension. I know how much they cost new, and I was thinking of jumping on the deal. My question is. about how much more do i have to dump into it to have a rideable bike ( Note: i do not need the most expensive motor, forks, rear shock, etc.) just want to make a reliable bike out of this without going overboard. maybe turn it around and make a profit off a sale. i dont know much about fifties or what parts are good or not.... would you do it?

You Can Get A Whole Bike For The Cost Of That Frame.....

You Can Get A Whole Bike For The Cost Of That Frame.....

I realize that but i also see that particular frame going for around $2500 new. So i would paynjust shy of 75% cheaper then a new one. If i was to purchase it...build it into a pretty sweet bike... i'd have say a $5 grand fifty for around 2500 or 3 grand... because of how much im saving compared to buying that frame brand new. I am just wondering from someone who has dealt with these things alot, about how much would i have to dump into it to get a decent bike. I know they make a ton of different motors, forks, shocks, tires, wheels, etc, etc. Thats why im here asking the knowlegable... 👍

Anybody willing to buy a 5k 50cc pitbike would probably rather build it themselves. Seems like a risky venture. Build it and keep it. Do you restore a 69 Chevelle or buy one already restored? Smart money says...

forks-marzocchi $600-$800 used

rear shock- many brands $400

rear/front wheel $300

motor- 107-117cc $400-up

exhaust - $200

odds and ends ?? $500

if your willing to sink another $2000 to $2500 into bike youd have a bad ass pit bike with all top notch quality parts, go to planetminis and look in the classified section youll find alot of good parts for good deals

^^ a couple primi's are up for sale on planetminis right now. I believe I saw the entire kit elka shock, prmi frame with tank and exhaust, as well as the new style swinger for $1200. Looks to be in good condition. Also, there are a bunch of built, amazing primi bikes for sale on there right now.