More bike advice needed.

So it turns out I might be able to get a great deal on an 04' crf230 (and possibly a drz125..) if I can only get the 230 would that be ok for my daughter to ride?

Again she's 5'5" and 125lbs. athletic and strong. Not an aggressive rider just bumming around with dad.

The 230 would be ideal because then it can do double duty for her and my wife. Plus I can squeeze on it in a pinch.

Unless I can pull off the 125 and 230 (he's interested in my extra Snap On toolbox..)

Who's riding a 230 here?

thnx

I ride a DRZ125. I don't think your 5'5" daughter will enjoy it for very long, Unless you do alot of mods to beef up the suspension and correct the weakness of the frame. Perhaps a honda crf150 or the 230 will be better options.

Don't get me wrong the drz125 is fun, but I am 5'1" and It feels a little bit small for me and since I recently discovered a crack in both sides of the frames I am having to beef up my frame.

I ride a CRF230 & it's a fun, easygoing ride. I'm 5'5" too & a bit heavier than your daughter. Good thing she's strong, 'cause it can be a beast to pick up when it's down. She might like the 125 better to start especially in more technical terrain, just because it's smaller & lighter.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 04 CRF230F (my first bike) and love it. It puts up with a lot of crap, very forgiving, easy to maintain, cheap enough up front and easy to resell if she wants to move up.

I'm the same size as your daughter and mostly ride trails - woodsy upstate NY stuff - handles well and can get a foot down when I need to or pick it up if I dump it. Highly recommended !