Sign in to follow this  

from a 2008 rm85 to a 2009 crf150rb

aloha,

my wife is 5'1" 105 lbs. right now at the track she has a 2008 rm85 and would like to get a bigger bike. she would like to get a 2009 crf150rb but she think the bike is the same size as the 85. (height wise). could anyone tell me what the height of the 150rb can adjust too? and she wants a bike that also has more power for the track does this bike have a signifigant amount of power over the rm85?........we dont know anyone that owns one so we cant test it out....any info would be great.....

thanks again,

kevin 👍

It is about the same size as her 85. I'm 5'2'' and tip toe on the 150r big wheel.

It doesn't have more power per say, but the power it has is easier to use so she would probably find it easier to ride.

You can do a lot with the handle bar set up and foot peg location to make the bike's cock pit feel bigger and more comfortable for an adult on the 85 and the 150r. You can also adjust the height of both with lowering links and/or shaving the seat. There are a lot of good threads on here about both seat height adjustments and cockpit set up here. Just do a quick search.

The CRF150r will have more low end power and torque but it's won't be "faster" than the RM85. It will be much easier to ride.

The suspension is about the same as the RM85. 5'1" is super short, why would she want a taller bike? As far as lap times go, it just depends on how she adapts to the power. Is she fast now? By that, I mean is she pinned every where on the track and does she blow up turns and pass big bikes at will?

cool, thanks for your help guys, after talking it over with my wife, she decided to stay with the rm 85, and to continue to work on her skill.....in the future any tips on witch rout to go for more horsepower and witch order to put these items on....i just got her a FMF fatty and silencer....whats next? i was thinking about a reed valve and re-jetting.

Sounds like you are on the right track. After that would be cylinder porting.