Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 Shaft main drive breaking ect.

Been getting alot of E-mails + some personal messages .From people tracking me down who seen my TTR 125 not worth it post ( https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754501&highlight= ) To explain the problem to them .

So here some info once again:

http://www.motosportwarehouse.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

The part is in Transmission section Shaft Part # 12 is the part that snaps in the area of Clip part # 21 and washer part # 20 and gear part # 19 it also takes out bearing part #25 which takes out -----

Then go to Starter section Clip part # 9 washer part # 8 and gear part # 7 Gear part # 7 engages gear part #2 on shaft part #1 Gear part # 2 engagues the ----

Clutch part Section part # 5 the gear on the back of part # 5

Hope this helps you out Basicly Shaft part snaps in area of part clip # 21 it then takes out bearing part # 25 Which then takes out Starter Gear part # 7 when you kick start it then it takes out starter gear part # 2 which can then take out clutch gear part # 5

Sometimes it's not the shaft but starts with the kick starter gears but will lead to the same problem and then snap the shaft

That shaft is what the chain spocket is attatched to it snaps on the the other side due to the tork so if you down shift hard to early or whick the throttle all that Twist tork force is applied in that area of that Transmission clip part # 21 and bearing # 25

Also when you kickstart it all the twist force is applied to Starter part gear # 2 on shaft PART #1 then is applied to starter gear part #7 which is on transmision part Shaft # 12 then

Tranmission section bearing part # 25 and clip part # 21 washer part # 20 then gear part #19 on shaft part # 12

Hope this helps some more of you out .

Edited by Barra1967cuda

Hey I rememer this. But again mine is still going strong. I've some tranny's blow up and some not on XR's, but I don't condemn them all. It's a trail bike that we increase the HP by 75% and run the crap out of them. Also, complete motors are pretty cheap on ebay, that it's almost not worth doing a bottomend. Now if it was my new CRF150RB that made to raced and blows up every 6 months, then yes I would be pissed.

Thanks for the well timed post. Broke something tonight. Will get it pulled apart and figure it out.

You'd figure that as bad as the flaw is when we up the CR or add the BBK, I'd have a ton of modded spare parts bikes to choose from on craigslist.... the cost of parts would be extremely low, with only that shaft being expensive and extremely difficult to locate. Well, the shaft is a pain to find, no argument there, but not impossible. There are other parts that are also hard to find new, are they also flawed? The shaft is pricey, but looking at the other parts new, it's comparible.

I've had just about everything around that shaft go, though...👍 It might be a bad casting for a few random bikes in multiple years, but I'm not seeing the huge numbers of people complaining and sticky post type info at the top of the forum like I do for recall stuff (ie CFR150R valve and cam issues).

-Kerry