Sign in to follow this  

Beta Importer Changes

It looks like the rumors are true. The US Beta importer has changed. The former importer, Ron Commo, is now a Beta, GasGas, Sherco, TM and OSSA(maybe) dealer. http://usbeta.com/sys-tmpl/door/

I wonder how the change in importers will affect Beta support.

just ordered a part for my Rev3, had it in 3 days,,Rons a great guy...

so far , so good... hope to see an OSSA...yea...

That sure has not been my experience!

For me personally:

Ron Jr.= great guy

Ron Sr.= your experience

Does anyone know anything about the new importer, AB Distribution? Never heard of them.....

It's American Beta. The Beta Enduro bike Importer. I've had a brief dealer conversation with them and from what I've heard from them their doing it the right way. One of the first things they plan to do is bring the cost of the bikes back in line with Sherco & Gas Gas.

They've done a good job with the enduro bikes, I expect the same with the trials bikes.

This is great news. I was actually very close to buying a Gas Gas, being that I've been an unsatisfied Beta owner as of late. I love my Evo, but obtaining parts in a timely manner can be frustrating, even when going straight to the importer. American Beta has a good reputation in the big bike world, and will be nothing but an improvement over US Beta.

Glad to hear that it's American Beta! Sound like good folks who can take the brand far.

I've always been treated like family by Ron and Lana. I can't even consider buying a bike from anybody else. I get parts the next day unless there's a backup at the factory and Ron and Ron Jr. have always been straight with me. Even when it's led to, er, "disagreements".

For my buddy Sonny and I the trip to get a new bike in Vt. has always been more like a family visit then a purchase. So I'm sad to hear this but I can see where the effort to import vs the benefit for just trials bikes is just out of proportion.

I wish American Beta all the luck in the world with this. I'll still only buy from Ron though.

I've always been treated like family by Ron and Lana. I can't even consider buying a bike from anybody else. I get parts the next day unless there's a backup at the factory and Ron and Ron Jr. have always been straight with me. Even when it's led to, er, "disagreements".

For my buddy Sonny and I the trip to get a new bike in Vt. has always been more like a family visit then a purchase. So I'm sad to hear this but I can see where the effort to import vs the benefit for just trials bikes is just out of proportion.

I wish American Beta all the luck in the world with this. I'll still only buy from Ron though.

And you should only buy from Ron as he is now your dealer. I hope everybody only buys from their local dealer (local being somewhat subjective in the trials world)

In a perfect world (and trials is far from it) you would never have a need contact the importer. After all how many of us have contact with Americian Honda, KTM etc.? We only deal with our dealers.

I know many areas don't have trials dealers, so this doesn't really compare though.

Now They Are Master-Betas?

dude:lol:w.t.f.🤣👍:worthy:gas gas:thumbsup:a true corporation strong and smart:thumbsup:makes you wonder what the others are doing wrong oh master beta:banana:

In a perfect world (and trials is far from it) you would never have a need contact the importer./QUOTE]

In a perfect world you'd be friends with the importer and be able to walk up to them at an event and say "Hi Ron" or "Hi Ryan" or "Hi Mike".

Wait a minute we can do that now. Ron was my dealer even back when Larry down at COSMO was the importer. Years ago when Larry was the importer and I was in Philly for an electronics trade show I drove out to COSMO just to say hi. I asked Larry if he had any Beta goodies. His reply, "I don't know, go take a look out back. Careful, the stairs are steep." Having only just met me I was invited to go rummage around his warehouse unsupervised. How cool is that. Trials people are different. I'm constantly amazed and thrilled with that difference. I wish the whole world was this imperfect.

dude:lol:w.t.f.🤣👍:worthy:gas gas:thumbsup:a true corporation strong and smart:thumbsup:makes you wonder what the others are doing wrong oh master beta:banana:

All businesses have struggled in this economy. YAMAHA reported a 2.5 BILLION dollar loss for 2009. GasGas has struggled and ownership has been sold several times to different equity groups over the past years. Things happen. It's called business. Most folks just never hear about it.

Beta has been around for over 100 years. Gas Gas about 20

In a perfect world you'd be friends with the importer and be able to walk up to them at an event and say "Hi Ron" or "Hi Ryan" or "Hi Mike".

Of course your right Dan, and I thought about that came off wrong after I posted it. It's a great thing to know the impoters on a first name basis.

I was speaking more of when you need something or have a problem who you go to. Just like in your case, you shouldn't need to ever contact Americian Beta since Ron will be taking care of you. Also if you do see the new importer at an event it would be great to get to know them too.

thats ok cause i restored an 86 beta and those guys were useless,got info from a local guy.thumbs up!!