Sign in to follow this  

Already have a 06 S and found a 03 E

Guys,

I've got a clean 06 S with a few mods.

>3x3

>JD kit

>bars and risers

I'm happy with the performance but the more I read on here the more I want an E.

I've found a 03 E , elec start. not sure how many miles. I have not seen or ridden this bike yet.

>Re jetted

>Pro Taper bars

>Certificate of origin

Please talk me into or out of this 03 E. I would probably make it street legal. Seller wants $2000

That's the same year that I got for the same price with the same mods (if you'll call re-jetted and bars a 'mod'). You can street it easily with only the BD bar switch, horn, mirror, brakelight & brake switch since the headlight is already a dual filament bulb. I think it cost me around $150.

Mine is a 2000E, plated, with the Baja Designs kit, and SM wheels and tires. I just upgraded to their new switch and LED tail light. I also dumped my old blinkers and got a set of 4 LED's for $30 shipped.

Do it!!!

Steve

Do the 03 E's have the FCR ? Any differences in suspension?

It should have the old style slant body FCR, and the suspension is the same as the S but with different spring rates (maybe different valving?) I believe.

Can you get what you paid for your S? If so, maybe.

You won't know much until you actually see the E. Could be a piece. Some people think they're worth much more than they actually are.

Mine is a 2000E, plated, with the Baja Designs kit, and SM wheels and tires. I just upgraded to their new switch and LED tail light. I also dumped my old blinkers and got a set of 4 LED's for $30 shipped.

Do it!!!

Steve

Steve my man! I never noticed you have a 2000 E! We are brothers flying the old school flag with the street legal, sm'd, E models!

For $2000 I'd buy it and build one out of the two with all the best bits......or have one for dirt, and one for SM!! 👍

Steve my man! I never noticed you have a 2000 E! We are brothers flying the old school flag with the street legal, sm'd, E models!

For $2000 I'd buy it and build one out of the two with all the best bits......or have one for dirt, and one for SM!! 👍

Dirt:

2010-01-29_214729.jpg

SM:

27343b9f.jpg

77c43ad8.jpg