Best place to bore and replate cylinder?

If I remember correctly, the guys were paying about 200.00 to have them replated.

If it were my damaged cylinder, I would send it to Eric Gorr. For just a little more you can do the big bore kit and get some added performance. The total price looks like its only another hundred and fifty to turn it into a 265/275. Not so bad considering you'll spend 350.00 minimum to get the bike running again as a 250.

I have had great luck with PowerSealUSA. They do excellent work, and they have unmatched customer service. They offer a one year warranty on their work. I think they charge $180 to replate. They can fix almost any kind of damage done to a cylinder. I sent them a 01 cylinder that a piston blew up in, and it had a bad gouge. They welded it up and replated it. It looked like brand new. Still running strong.

I have been getting weld and replates for 165bux from millenium, but have to send a bunch. I have seen us chrome's work and I will pass on them. millenium fixed my HASHED big bore sled jug and it was returned good as new.

I have had great luck with PowerSealUSA. They do excellent work, and they have unmatched customer service. They offer a one year warranty on their work. I think they charge $180 to replate. They can fix almost any kind of damage done to a cylinder. I sent them a 01 cylinder that a piston blew up in, and it had a bad gouge. They welded it up and replated it. It looked like brand new. Still running strong.
+1 ? to powerseal, they made mine like brandy new again, runs better then it ever did. fast service too. http://www.powersealusa.com/

Hi Greg

what happened? US Chrome did 2 Jugs for me, a RM125 and a YZ450F both perfectly done. I have no quarrel sending them the next one too but I really hope I don't have to. ?

regards

Arnego2

I and my neighbor needed welds and replates on our jugs. mine was worse then his. he sent his to us chrome, I sent mine to millenium. his jug was UGLY where it was welded.....bad ugly. mine was welded and polished and matched my port trace perfectly. I actually told him to send it back, it was not pretty. the plating looked great though.

Hi Greg

Uff both of mine came back like new. I only could see that it was mine on the dust in holes of the powervalve asseambly site. I delivered it to the workshop (when I still used them) and they could not believe that the RM Jug was the same I sent off. That bike is from 1995. The YZ450f is from 2006 so not much ageing happened. Nah I'm as happy with Us Chrome as one can be.

Still I think if it would have been that hefty as your mates I surely would have send it back.

regards

Arnego2

I had to have the bridge welded on a yz125 and US Chrome did a realy good job. Bridge look like new and match perfect. You know some workers are better than some and maybe I just got the right guy working on mine, but I got an rm85 that going to need some work (hope it makes the summer) and I was going to use US Chrome again. My oldest son and his freind used US Chrome after they seen my cylinder and their cylinders came back better than new.

I sent an extra cylinder I had to Powerseal about 1.5 weeks ago.

Should have it back next week welded above exhaust port and plated. I'll try to post pictures / review when it arrives. Their communication etc seems to be good so far.

Do all of the big name places use the same material to plate the cylinders or do they have their own proprietary coatings? Many of the posts I read describe how the cylinders look when they are completed, but I don't see much mentioned about long term durability.

I am a firm believer in millennium technologies! They offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY against defects in their plating. Obviously that doesn't account for wear/damage from other things. I have has a ton of cylinders replated/welded/etc... by them and they look better than times that I have pulled brand new cylinders out of oem boxes.