Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rider Riding Impression of YZ 250

So, could it be that even the media is catching wind that people are still interested in an owner-friendly mx bike (i.e. a 2 stroke 250)?? AWESOME! I, too, hope their pipe shootout consists of variety of pipes including spark arrested ones....

That would be cool....plus, when threads like this get started, Jimmy Lewis himself often appears. Maybe we can twist his arm a little for more pipes to be included???

Maybe a pipe test with not so much emphasis on mx since the bike is used for so many other things. I woudl love to see a q-stealth dyno chart, as it feels powerful.

A HGS pipe really needs to be included in the pipe test or it is a waste of time (mine).

AWESOME!!!! ---- GIGANTIC MUD-STAINED GRINS from all the test riders! 🤣

What makes this bike, YZ250, great Roland is THAT i own one HAHA! 🙂:applause:

Finally, the 2010's have come out and are no hoax! Thanks! 👍

A HGS pipe really needs to be included in the pipe test or it is a waste of time (mine).

I agree 100%, but it might be a stretch to think they would go to the effort. They are not so easy to come by over here.

Whats all the damn hype about this? It's the same bike as last year, and will be next year..... Until Yamaha stops making 2 strokes.

I agree 100%, but it might be a stretch to think they would go to the effort. They are not so easy to come by over here.

Maybe I need to buy a DEP to compare as they seem to be about the best tested by various people and dyno runs. You can send me yours if you like.

Maybe I need to buy a DEP to compare as they seem to be about the best tested by various people and dyno runs. You can send me yours if you like.

I have never tried the hgs, but I want to. That being said, I sure like my dep. I remember Eric Gorr saying DEP was a good pipe since they test dyno test all of the available pipes and copy the best one available. Eric was never one to beat around the bush and I tended to believe him when he said things like this. He also spent years working in Europe and would be someone in the know.

I found a place in the UK selling HGS. The price, (pipe and silencer) before shipping, would be @ 450.00 American. I would imagine another 150.00 or so for shipping???? Compare that to a PC or FMF pipe we can have shipped to our doors for around 325.00 for a pipe and silencer.

I just bought one, it will delivered to my work in a crate on Friday.

Looks like they have painted the engine silver for 2010

I love that shiny, out of the crate look. A question, please. When Yamaha holds off releasing a bike until late March, of the current year, does it really save them money?