Sign in to follow this  

aluminum sprocket

Installed my Moose aluminum 48T rear and a new standard chain.The Moose sprocket was much lighter than the old steel.I wasn't expecting a hugh difference but was hoping for a bit more snap.1ST and 2ND don't seem much different but as I climb up the gears you can really notice the improvement.

4TH gear I noticed powered along much better from a low rpm on up.I didn't get to 5th or 6th as it was getting dark.For the sake of $20 difference in the sprocket it was worth it,as long as I'm not replacing it every season.

Installed my Moose aluminum 48T rear and a new standard chain.The Moose sprocket was much lighter than the old steel.I wasn't expecting a hugh difference but was hoping for a bit more snap.1ST and 2ND don't seem much different but as I climb up the gears you can really notice the improvement.

4TH gear I noticed powered along much better from a low rpm on up.I didn't get to 5th or 6th as it was getting dark.For the sake of $20 difference in the sprocket it was worth it,as long as I'm not replacing it every season.

The cleaner you keep in the longer it will last. 👍

gotta remember that,but its hard to keep it clean this time of year.Mud and water everywhere,when it dries up a bit it will be easier.I have a bad habit of coming back from a ride and putting the bike in the shed without hosing it down,did it tonight and night before.gona have to punish myself till I learn to clean up after myself.

i still have my original red aluminum renthal from 2006 and its still going strong =D

dirt or road use?