Sign in to follow this  

Got a $45 gift card...what to do?

I've got a $45 gift card for a local bike shop and am having trouble thinking of something to get. My bike ('06 WR250F) is running just fine and I don't really need any parts other than maybe some new springs to beef up the suspension, but I can't really afford that and I'd rather go through a suspension shop for it.

So, I'm thinking I'd like to get a tool or gadget or something. Last time I was there, they had a few of those Billywho Man Funnels (not sure if they still have them or if they have one for my bike) which might be helpful to keep oil from spilling on my skid plate. Or maybe a grunge brush would be handy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a "must-have" shop item?

levers, grips, oil, tire, maybe some billet parts?

like fuel screw, aluminum throttle tube, maybe some new handguards or skidplate? braided brake cable, billet rim lock towers, etc.

Nice goggles?

Bark busters?

Jersey?

Stuff to help you maintain your bike?

If you cant think of anything you need I would probably spend it on something like oil, coolant, chain lube, etc.

Maybe buy a spare tire tube or two.

spares: leavers, tires

or i did just see a really cool tool its a torque wrench for spokes. and we all know we avoid spoke work kz its just to dam complicated

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have mentioned in the previous post that I already have the following doo dads on my bike:

Pro Moto Billet exhaust tip

Cycra Pro Bend handguards

Unabiker radiator guards

Utah sport cycles skid plate

JD jet kit

Zip-Ty fuel screw

Tall seat

And I have 2-3 extra Hi-Flo oil filters and a jug of Rotella oil sitting in the garage.

Any other suggestions?

case/slave cylinder saver?

I'm not familiar with one of those....what is it?

http://www.husky.com.au/html/products/parts/slavecylindercasesaver_lge.jpg

its the big metal bit infront of the sprocket, stops your case and slave cylider (or is it master cylinder? i dunno one of them lol i always get confused) getting smashed if your chain flys off. Also if you stack and your bike lands on a rock that would smash your slave cylinder it will save it.

http://www.husky.com.au/html/products/parts/slavecylindercasesaver_lge.jpg

its the big metal bit infront of the sprocket, stops your case and slave cylider (or is it master cylinder? i dunno one of them lol i always get confused) getting smashed if your chain flys off. Also if you stack and your bike lands on a rock that would smash your slave cylinder it will save it.

Thanks for the clarification and the suggestion!

Maybe some riding gear? buy some oil or other maintence stuff (in bulk) that you would eventually have to buy anyway. Maybe you could get a discount for buying in bulk.

Hold onto the card and when you have enough money saved up, use the card with the money to buy the springs. Suspension is the best upgrade you can do to your bike. If you must spend the card now, you said your bike is in good order so get something extra for yourself just because you like it, something that you would normally not buy, a gift for yourself.