Need a bike for the wifey - CRF 150 size, but older

I don't know model names of older bikes. Ideally I would get her a crf150f. She didn't like the TTR125L because it looked to small for her (she thought). Her favorite is the KLX 140L.

Then again, none of this matters because we dont have the cash to buy a newer bike. Yes some of them go back to 2002 or so, but even then these things are over 1500.

I have a RM125 that I want to trade for said bike. I frequently see adds of people looking to trade up to a bigger bike, which works perfect cause I'm looking to trade down.

Anyways, I'm looking for suggestions on bikes. I'm considering a late 90's XR200, but the looks of those are very dated. She wants a modern looking bike.

Hello, I currently have for sale the perfect bike for her. Not too big not too small. Easy to ride easy to start with the magic button. And plenty tough enough to tackle track or trail. My son outgrew it and I got him a bigger machine is the only reason I'm selling it It's very easy and fun for me to ride too and I'm 40yo retired enduro/MX rider.But need the money. It's 2006 Honda CRF230. Funnest bike I ever rode. E-mail me if you want more info. Will send pic.

Going to pick up a yz85 today! Ive been reading up and apparently they arent the best trail bikes stock I want to buy a fww but dont know if I should go with a 11 9 or 7 oz? Frankly i dont want it fast at all.

• 2 months later...
Going to pick up a yz85 today! Ive been reading up and apparently they arent the best trail bikes stock I want to buy a fww but dont know if I should go with a 11 9 or 7 oz? Frankly i dont want it fast at all.

it will depend if she "really" wants to ride or you are trying to get her into the sport and hopefully, she will like the yz. in my opinion, the yz will take a lot of patience and probably frustration. for us who love to ride, we we'll adjust to any bike under any condition. but for "most" ladies, they'll easily throw in the towel.

at what point did i say it was a good trail bike?

I traded a 96 rm125 with no title for the 02 yz85 with title. And it just happends to be the perfect zise bike for her. The power on the other hand.. not so much. She likes it on logging roads but its tough on trails.

wow who told you a 85 is a good trail bike for a wife ? they are not your friend, or they are particularly evil

85's are mean lil bastards

at what point did i say it was a good trail bike?

I traded a 96 rm125 with no title for the 02 yz85 with title. And it just happends to be the perfect zise bike for her. The power on the other hand.. not so much. She likes it on logging roads but its tough on trails.

You can get a smaller rear flywheel and a larger front and it'll smooth the power a bit too.