Another starting problem

I need help. The only way to start my bike cold is to twist the throttle when starting it, even with the choke on. Is it running lean? I just cleaned the carb and adjusted the intake valves 2 rides ago. I went camping over the weekend and it started pouring down raining in the middle of the night with the bike outside, could that of messed with something? It started perfect 1st kick hot or cold before the trip. so what do you think it is? 👍🤣

P.s. i clean my air filter after every ride if that helps

When starting cold, it helps to "prime" the engine with two twists of the throttle, then kicking with the throttle closed.

Get a #42 pilot jet if you don´t already have one. Adjust the fuel screw to where it responds best.

Idle speed also affects the starting, if the idle is turned up to stop it from stalling i corners, it can be harder to start.

And if you have had to shim the valves, you might wanna take a second look at them again.

• Like 1

ok but it wasn't like this before the ride, it just started after it. Do you think the pilot jet is clogged? The fuel screw is at 2 1/2 turns and idk what size pilot jet is in.

Remove float bowl nut and look for debris, take out the pilot jet and clean it...