Buying a used 2008 WR250X? Mods incuded any good?

Any common problem or quirks to look for on this model?

My current bike is an 05 KTM 525 SMR so I don't know much at all about the WR's. I do love the supermotos though.

It all started with a black DRZ400SM and now I'm hooked!

Looking at picking up a used WR250x on Saturday with 403 miles on it and some pretty attractive sounding mods.

Clean title, never down ,stored indoors.

Let me know if these are indeed good mods. All brand names I've used but like I said I'm just not familiar with the Yamaha bikes at all.

I searched to forum but didn't find the same pipe Power commander setup.

Not my bike yet so feel free to be honest.

PCIII, Yosh RS2 pipe, pro-taper bars, edge tail light, gold chain, blue sprockets, Zeta levers, etc.

Asking is $4,700.WA vehicle sales tax is 9% due at registration.

Not expecting the same kind of power or braking the KTM has.

It's a race bike never intended for road use so it's not a fair comparison.

I am hoping to find a quick little supermoto thats fun to ride to work every day and doesn't feel like a fat pig after riding a KTM.

Fuel programmer is good, the pipe is ok if you can handle a loud pipe, cause it is all of that, Pro Tapers are good bars, tail light is nice and slim, chain and sprockets are kind of a preferential thing really; color doesn't mean anything in that regard. It's more along the lines of what kind they are, but they're easy enuf to swap out if you aren't happy with them and I'm sure if that ends up being the case someone will take them off you.? Zeta levers so far have had good reviews. For that price and mileage, you're getting a decent bike.? The WR's are stupid fun bikes to ride. Once you get on it you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner. ?

is this the bike?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/1657326312.html

i live in washington and got one for about the same reason. fun little bike to commute. and believe me it does that job and much more. great bike. if you ever wanna ride let me know.

i still dont understand how people can only ride them for 400 miles and then sell them. i have had mine for about a month and have like 900 miles on it. i love the dang thing!!!

Cool thanks guys!

I apprecite the feedback, a little nervous about plunking down that much cash but everything I've read about these bikes has been good and I just can't believe the milage.

Looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on it.

The posting expired but I talked to the seller and made an appt to pick it up with the MX Hauler.

Hopefully the Yosh pipe isn't too loud. I had a Yosh pipe and header on my DRZ400sm and it wasn't bad. Louder yes but a deeper sound that didn't set off car alarms or sound like fart can on a CRX. I'll ask if he'll include the stock parts just in case.

There is another Wr250x for sale locally for $500 less but has 2,600 miles and no mods. If the pipe and power commader are going to cost me more than 5 bills I might as well go with the 1st one.

Just out of curiosity is there any difference between the 08 and 2010 model other than the white plastics?

And Swaner, YEAH lets go riding man! I'll post up some pics if everything goes as planned.

Here's a teaser...<a  href=2wrrightside.jpg' alt='2wrrightside.jpg'

Any common problem or quirks to look for on this model?

My current bike is an 05 KTM 525 SMR so I don't know much at all about the WR's. I do love the supermotos though.

It all started with a black DRZ400SM and now I'm hooked!

Looking at picking up a used WR250x on Saturday with 403 miles on it and some pretty attractive sounding mods.

Clean title, never down ,stored indoors.

Let me know if these are indeed good mods. All brand names I've used but like I said I'm just not familiar with the Yamaha bikes at all.

I searched to forum but didn't find the same pipe Power commander setup.

Not my bike yet so feel free to be honest.

PCIII, Yosh RS2 pipe, pro-taper bars, edge tail light, gold chain, blue sprockets, Zeta levers, etc.

Asking is $4,700.WA vehicle sales tax is 9% due at registration.

Not expecting the same kind of power or braking the KTM has.

It's a race bike never intended for road use so it's not a fair comparison.

I am hoping to find a quick little supermoto thats fun to ride to work every day and doesn't feel like a fat pig after riding a KTM.

I picked up my 2008 (New with 0 miles) for $4975 out the door (totally stock) so I thought I'd throw that price out as a comparison point.

I picked up my 2008 (New with 0 miles) for $4975 out the door (totally stock) so I thought I'd throw that price out as a comparison point.

You buy it at the dealership?

They're around $7,000 out the door for a new one here.

Most dealers haven't gotten the 2010's yet and the 08,09's are long gone.

You buy it at the dealership?

They're around $7,000 out the door for a new one here.

Most dealers haven't gotten the 2010's yet and the 08,09's are long gone.

Yeah. I got it at the dealership. freaking awesome bike in every way!? last time I was this pleased with a purchase was when I got my 1982 RM250Z for $600 and traded my KX80.

There's one o fleabay right now for a little over $3k with like 1 mile on it or less. auction ends pretty soon I think and I don't recall seeing a reserve on it, though I could have easily missed it after an evening of drinking nyquil ?

This Saturday if all goes as planned.

Sure hope it does,weather is warming up fast.

The KTM SMR is sadly leaving my stable and going back to life on the race track.

A thoroughbred doesn't want to be ridden to work or wait for stoplights.

Taking off for our final ride around Alki beach to catch the sunset.

<a  href=ktm42.jpg' alt='ktm42.jpg'>

Supply and demand. It's what the market will bear that drives prices.

I'm guessing 900 sq foot townhouses doesn't cost over $300,000.00 in the towns dealers are selling bikes at 2/3 MSRP.

Must be a heck of a markup on these if they can sell them new for 2k less than msrp and still turn a profit. Dealers still have to pay freight and some kid to uncrate it and figure out which end the big wheel goes on.

Canukistan

Ha,ha,ha. Love it. Crazy Canuk's!

Maybe thats why Seattle bikes are so expensive, we're too close to the border eh?

New and used bikes are almost always above Bluebook value here, even in the sopping wet dead of winter.

I was up till midnight reading the worlds longest WR tread on ADVrider you started Shewolf.

Damn thing is addictive.

Highfive and Krabills multi bike comparison was riviting. I've owned the DR350 and KLX250s and thier comments were spot on with my experince.

The day before picking a new motorcyle seems like the longest day of your life.