2010 YZ250 or 2009 KX250F?

I have narrowed my selection down to a 2010 YZ250 2 stroke and a 2009 KX250F. I like the YZ because it has more power than a 250F, which would make it easier for me to keep up with my friends in Glamis (they all ride 450's). I like the KX because i prefer the four stroke powerband and it's what i'm used to. I don't want a 450 because people tell me that i wouldn't be able to handle it.

I am 5'10'', and around 135 lbs. I will be riding mostly desert, with some track. What do you guys think i should get?

desert= powerful bike= 2010 yz 250

get the 2 stroke, cheaper to maintain and fun to ride.

you should be able to keep up with your friends with it

but remember a 250 has a "hit" and snappy power so i think if you can ride a 250 2 stroke you can ride a 450 no problem

whats the most powerful bike you have ridden?

This is a no brainer. I can't imagine any reason to buy a 250f over a 250 smoker, UNLESS you are racing a certain class that does not allow smokers. The smoker is less weight, more powerful (and if it's too much it is easy to tame), much lower maintenance (clean the air filter, add premix, and ride), and much less expensive to repair if anything goes wrong. A 450 might be a better choice for pure MX, but you can't beat a 250 smoker for all-around versatility. That bike will be competitive wherever you ride it.

This is a no brainer. The smoker is less weight.....

Compare the 2008+ YZ250 to the 08+ YZ250F on the Yamaha website. You will see that the 250F IS lighter than the 250T. I have both bikes and the 250F is lighter and I DO feel it on the trail between the trees where it counts. 👍

I will agree with Josmoloco on this one. They are night and day. If you have an oppertunity to try a couple out, do so. Keep in mind that the 2010 YZ250 is exactly the same as the 09 with different graphics, and is basically the same as the 2006 with some refinements in between (Pro Taper 1 1/8 bars, brake rotors, footpegs, things like that). Having ridden an offering of each bike myself, I would go with the YZ250, but that is just my opinion. The KX250F does tend to feel more like a 125 on steroids, though. It doesnt necessarily have the hit a pinger would, but the power builds up and pulls further up top than other 250Fs Ive ridden. The YZ250 will have better suspension stock. The titanium shock spring is a nice touch, too.

I owned and raced a YZ250F for a couple years coming off a YZ125. It had smooth, predictable power and it was more easy to ride, but it just wasnt as fun to ride as a two-stroke (keep in mind, this is my personal opinion)...especially my current 250.

Compare the 2008+ YZ250 to the 08+ YZ250F on the Yamaha website. You will see that the 250F IS lighter than the 250T. I have both bikes and the 250F is lighter and I DO feel it on the trail between the trees where it counts. 👍

How much do you sell it for Shrub!? PM me!🤣