nice riding shorts to prevent "monkey butt"

hey guys, im sick of riding with cotton boxers with my rock hard SDG step seat and having sore ass cheeks/hole for the next 2 days so figure its time to invest in some nice riding shorts... or something that will stop that torturing monkey butt.

I bought some alpinstar riding shorts last summer for like 45$ and ordered them 1 size too small ๐Ÿ‘:banghead:๐Ÿคฃ:foul:๐Ÿ™‚ complete waste of money. oh well because they seem to be very cheap and flimsy anyways, the pads that are in them are like 1/2 inch thick styrofoam that offers barely protection IMO.

so whats a very nice riding short, preferably with some pads, that will permanently eliminate monkey butt for under 50$?

thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a football girdle I had in HS football, it has molded padding in them that you can throw in the washing machine. but, I have not been on any rides that lasted longer the 2hrs yet... so I don't know how they do in the long run.

EVS ultimates are the best riding shorts IMO.

They get too hot in the summer with all the leg pads but they're removable so I go with hip and butt pads in summer and full pad in spring and fall.

They also have a really nice shamy in the boys and butt area.

They'r a little more than $50 but worh it.

This site is in Canadian prices though, it's Canadian ๐Ÿ‘

http://www.gnarlyparts.ca/product_info.php?cPath=32_1666_6674_6676&products_id=70923

Yeah, I gotta agree with the EVS shorts. Just got a set, and they seem to do the job pretty damn good. I had been wearing some of my cycling shorts and those seem to work just as well, but I just prefered the extra padding offered by the EVS shorts in other areas.

perfect, thanks guys. I seen those EVS ones on ebay and liked them... you confirmed it, so those are the ones im getting!

and yeah, I usually do the baby power trick.. its usually after, I find it helps A LOT!!. Ill have to start applying it before riding too, hopefully it helps.

thanks everyone!

sore ? just stand way more while riding. hardly an issue if you do.

Joe

I have really bad knees so its hard to stand and rotate my body/fibia and tibia... my knees dont like that. when riding tight single track sometimes its better to just sit down IMO, im sure ill get flamed for this, but I find I ride better/faster on some stuff sitting down versus when im standing up. it really all depends on the speed im going, and a lot of our stuff is very very tight, rocky, and dangerous so you have to take it pretty slow.

If you can find some Pearl Izumi high end cycling shorts on close out, it is an unbeleiveable comfort. The key is a quality chamouis and you will pay for the comfort, but worth it as soon as you put them on and sit. If some of the EVS users can chime in on the chamouis quality I may get some.

ride every day, and don't sit for 2 days with sore ass ๐Ÿ‘

more you ride more you get used to it!

edit: I used to get bad monkey butt, from riding my monkey! (well a 05 crf50, but what monkey butt comes from, riding monkey bikes!)

But I ride that thing everyday it's not raining, and keeps the 'butt monkey' away lol

I wear the MSR...but anything that's made from that polyester micro-fiber is better than cotton. Just find something that is comfortable, and fits properly. A bit tight is better than loose. IMHO, it's not the padding that will help you. It's the sweat wicking properties, and the 'slickness' of the fabric that keeps it from wadding up and chafing your arse.

Good Luck

๐Ÿ‘

I've got a pair of cycling shorts and a pair of the MSR's. The cycling shorts feel like I'm walking around with a giant maxi pad between my legs, but the MSR's are quite comfortable. Both have good absorbtion properties.

Klim has a piar of shorts with all kind os padding, but for $79, I'm going to have to let someone else tyr them out.

http://www.klimusa.com/product/Klim-Tactical-Short,224,121.htm