Who owns a wr250X and I need your opinions

I sold my crf230L last Fall and my 75 cb550 cafe is gone as of this weekend. I am going to look at a 08 wr250X on Sat. the price $4299.00, 3000 miles w/ barkbusters and a skid plate. Is the price worth it, and will it do triple digits as the sales guy told me. I REALLY have my doubts,but who am I?? I had the L and it struggled to reach 65 mph.

Thats to much $$. Not that the bike isnt worth $4,299 but ive seen a similar wrx go for $3,000 on supermotojunkie.com just recently. I have a 08 wrx with yoshi exhaust and a powercomander, it will run around 98mph indicated on flat ground and about 105 downhill and tucked.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bike but I agree the asking price seems a bit high for a WR with 3,000 miles on it. I think sub 4k would be more reasonable. Maybe 3,800?

You mention sales guy so I'm assuming this is a local dealer.

Cash talks, see what they will do out the door if you pay in cold hard cash.

A salesmen saying "no thanks" to a customer with a fist full of $100 bills is like a long haul trucker saying "no thanks" to a free lapdace at a Vegas strip club.

Look for minior imperfections you can leverage the price with. Worn sprockets, scratched platics, worn tires.

Little stuff like that can all add up quick. $200 for plastics, $200 for tires, $100 for sprockets and chain you catch my drift.

I paid over 4K for my Wrx but it only had 400 miles on it and came completely modded.

Good luck, hope you get it. Really enjoy mine.

• 1 month later...

Price may be a little high, but it is a great bike! Mine is 40-40-20 commuting/twisties/trailriding. Bike will easily travel @ highway speeds, I actually caught myself on the way to work @ 60 mph in 5TH gear a couple times!!!!!! Get a FMF Q4 and a FMF power commander for a sweet acceleration boost! I am in mid michigan, trail ride in the Grayling area, maybe I will see ya sometime.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my wr250x, no mods, still stock. I paid $3700 with for a 2008 850 miles on it. Had it up to an indicated 82MPH before I had to shut it down. Don't know how accurate the speedo is. I weigh 250, but with more road I think 90MPH is a possibility. A smaller guy might see triple digits It's a fun bike and gets lots of attention.