Sign in to follow this  

45 pilot in xcf-w 250

Anybody running a 45 pilot jet in xcw-f 250 I have a 09 just wondering if it helped with the idle Im also going to run a 172 main and run the needle clip to the 4th position I want to richen it up a little I am in western ny any one else running this set up.

I also have a 09 250 cxfw. Tried the 45 but ended up with the fuel screw less than one turn open, so went back to 42, one and a half on screw. 170 mj and 4th clip from top of needle. I ride around Medford, Or, 1500'-5000', 40-75 deg.

Yes, 45 pilot works great. Have the XCF needle, 170 main, screw 2 turns out.

I just dowloaded the '09 manual and the specs are the same except the pilot, they went to a 42 from a 40 in '07. The needle you want is from the XCF, it's the OBETP, not the OBEKT.

A 172 main should not be a problem. That's what I'm running in the yamaha. Funny, exact same carb.

A 172 main should not be a problem. That's what I'm running in the yamaha. Funny, exact same carb.

The wr and ktm dont share the same carb. The KTM 250f comes with a 39mm fcr the wr250f comes with a 37mm fcr.

I will give a little more detail I ride 450 to 2700 ft and 40 t0 90 degree temps

most temps I ride in will be 65 to 85 degrees with 50 % humidity and about 650 ft I am mostly concerned with the idle( cuts out about 30 seconds )and heating up at slow speeds . For all those that responded thank you . I ride in Western NY south of Rochester.

The wr and ktm dont share the same carb. The KTM 250f comes with a 39mm fcr the wr250f comes with a 37mm fcr.

Hmmm...what's the difference besides the 2mm? Reminds me of the old cigarette slogan, "Silly millimeter longer, 101." Remember that one? I don't even remember the brand now.

I'm sure if I had them both on the bench, side by side, the difference would reveal itself, but working on them on the bikes one couldn't tell.

I'm sure glad you straightened us out on that one! 👍

Installed the 45 pilot 172 main and 4th position on the needle clip 1.5 turns out on the fuel mixture screw .The bike now idles without the stall no popping. I took it out yesterday in the mud and slop( not by choice) abused the clutch and the bike never over heated once very happy with the performance. Thanks for the suggestion the jetting was easy to do I bought 5 jets for $13.00 to anyone thinking of buying a JD kit try buying the jets yourself and use the stock needle you will save money and I think be very happy with the results,The hardest part for me was getting the seat back on the right way.