Broke my femur, no more bikes

Broke my femur almost 2 years ago and doctor has told me NO MORE DIRT BIKES. I have gotten rid of almost all the bikes and was holding out for better news before this. I must sell the 05 CRF 450X. This bike has very low hours and has had the oil changed every 100 miles both sides no matter what. ANAL i know, but i figured i'd keep this forever. This bike has everything possible. GPR stabilizer, skid plate, radiator guards, jd jet kit, new tires, suspenssion just serviced. tag fat bars, hand guards, renthal sprockets and much more. Either sell for $4,200 as is or trade for 4X4 atv of same condition +- some cash. adult owned and this bike has NEVER been down. I have pics I can e-mail

Paul

Sorry to hear you geting out of the sport. You gotta do what you gotts do. I broke my femur about 6 months ago and started riding Mx just last week. I am not going crazy but taking it nice and slow. I love the sport too much to quit right now. How bad was the femur break. Mine was a clean break and they put in a titainium rod through my hip. Was out of the hospital in 2 days. At least you will be riding a quad I had one and loved riding it. Good luck.

I broke my femur 35 years ago and had a rod put in at the time when it was "new" technology. It was removed 17 years later and never quit riding. Doctor said if I broke it while the rod was in the leg to have someone straighten it out and come on back for a replacement. I would see a sports doctor who does not have an attitude about bikes and then keep on riding.

I broke my femur 35 years ago and had a rod put in at the time when it was "new" technology. It was removed 17 years later and never quit riding. Doctor said if I broke it while the rod was in the leg to have someone straighten it out and come on back for a replacement. I would see a sports doctor who does not have an attitude about bikes and then keep on riding.

Yea, see another doctor. A healed bone is just as strong as it was before the break.

Broke my femur in 99' they put in a Ti rod and a couple screws. Was racing again 7 months later. Had the rod taken out a year after surgery everything is good. You def need to go see another doc, someone with sports knowledge. You should def be able to ride. I also broke my back in 01'. Doc fixed it right and I have no pain. Don't let one doc tell you now get a second opinon

when I broke it it was in 12 pieces. my foot was under my chin. It broke just over my knee. They were not sure they could save it. All they really did was stabilize it with a plate. Once that healed it was 30% off to the inside and short. They re broke the femur and fixed the crookedness but now even shorter Plate was then put back on since there was nothing realy to attach the rod to down by my knee. 9 months later I was trying to walk on doctors ordes and the plate broke and it broke again. At this point there was enough bone down low. There has been so much trauma there that the bone is healing very slow. 8 months since the rod and I am walking around now, but no muscle mass left. Getting it back is realy hard. I am 43 and not willing to go through this again anytime soon. I'm sure in a couple of years I'll get the itch back and then I can race in the vet class again.

when I broke it it was in 12 pieces. my foot was under my chin. It broke just over my knee. They were not sure they could save it. All they really did was stabilize it with a plate. Once that healed it was 30% off to the inside and short. They re broke the femur and fixed the crookedness but now even shorter Plate was then put back on since there was nothing realy to attach the rod to down by my knee. 9 months later I was trying to walk on doctors ordes and the plate broke and it broke again. At this point there was enough bone down low. There has been so much trauma there that the bone is healing very slow. 8 months since the rod and I am walking around now, but no muscle mass left. Getting it back is realy hard. I am 43 and not willing to go through this again anytime soon. I'm sure in a couple of years I'll get the itch back and then I can race in the vet class again.

Damn. You didn't say two trucks ran you over. How did you break it that bad?

You should post this in the Health section here and see what Dr. Mark says. But I can see why you wouldn't want to risk it again. Just listen to your gut.

Just think, at least it happened to your leg and not your neck/back.

Best of luck!

Wrong place, wrong gear, wrong speed, wrong rock, just wrong wrong. Took almost 1.5hrs fpr the paramedics to get to me from the time it happened. I was very happy to see the needle coming at my arm. Just a bad chance happening. For all the times I didn't crash, I sure made up for it.