Sign in to follow this  

this is weird need some help

ok well i have a 06 yz 250 for 3 years and i race well summers finally arrived and i took out my dirtbike and i tried to bleed the brakes make it feel fresh again and what would happen is it would start to get harder and more firm lever pull but as im getting ready to finish it 1 more pump and it would go soft so i thiught well it has been a year so i took out the manuel did it by the book same thing happened this is not my first time bleeding the brakes i do it like 3-5 times a year anytime it starts to feel mushy what i think it may be is old fluid but i dont know life use of open brake fluid help me i really want to ride 👍

Edited by yz250337

do the bleeder into a bottle trick.....that will tell you if it is air or not.

i have never heard of this trick what is it ? sorry never had problems bleeding my brakes before ever

place the wrench on the bleeder screw and be sure you can rotate it far enough to loosen and tighten it. place a piece of vacuum or clear line on the bleeder screw, the line should be long enough to make a complete loop and reach a puke bottle.......ideal location would be slightly higher then the caliper, if not it will still work. place a bit of fluid in the bottle and crack the bleeder open. begin pumping the lever, be sureto keep up on the fluid. you can see when the air and old fluid is pushed out for sure. tighten the bleedre before you remove the hose. refil and replace the lids......go rip!

works good on cars/trucks too, just start at the wheel farthest from the master cylinder and work closer.