Sign in to follow this  

would my xr100 motor fit in a crf150r frame?

I'm 'assuming' it would, but know better than trust my ideas. 👍

Guy near me has that frame for sale. How tall is the 150R, compared to say a CR85? XR200? Have a 99 200 and wouldn't want anything any taller than that. Want something downsized for smaller riders and kids and the 100 is perfect but the old look looks pretty old.🤣

Junior-Y is developed from the CRF150 Chassis with an XR100 motor custom fitted with the same engineering and talent from the designers of the 500AF.

It's not a direct bolt up just to be clear. You have to fabricate engine mounts and weld them in.

MUCHO room!

I have a 150R frame. A XR100/150R conversion would be a piece of cake compared to the CR85 Chassis. Cradle mods not required! (unlike the CR85) I've heard the Service Honda uses the klx/Drz 125 intake boot. Similar to-some of the CR85 Conversion post in this forum.

The only CR85 parts that will bolt on the 150R chassis- is the forks/front end. The 150 and the 85 use a different front wheel axle size.

thanks, wow that's sweet. But I'm thinking, this is an expensive bike (150r), all the other parts needed are really going to add up I'm guessing. ?????

Relative to a CR85 or similar that have been around a lot longer and were much cheaper to begin with. I've not paid any attention to the 150 before, are used parts expensive?

I think a rolling chassis would be ideal, I really have to have any fabbing outsourced. 👍

MUCHO room!

I have a 150R frame. A XR100/150R conversion would be a piece of cake compared to the CR85 Chassis. Cradle mods not required! (unlike the CR85) I've heard the Service Honda uses the klx/Drz 125 intake boot. Similar to-some of the CR85 Conversion post in this forum.

The only CR85 parts that will bolt on the 150R chassis- is the forks/front end. The 150 and the 85 use a different front wheel axle size.

Thanks, what do you know about my theory that CRFR's "must" have high (probably very high) parts prices relative to us XR types out here??

That's good news on the forks as at least there are options that might be less expensive.

Might be a fun project........ but my $$ warning lights are glowing 👍

ahh, shit. I was just sitting here daydreaming for a minute and I realized I AM going to do this...............🤣

I've been accruing "R" parts for some time now.. I've been very fortunate (and patient) to find good deals on ebay! I'm now at the expensive items; wheels and suspension- these are hard to come by on the cheap! All I see are $$$ now!! I might have it done in another year or so- LOL

Go for it!!!

I think the best way is to get a smoking deal on a big wheel and sell the motor. I got mine for $2000. I know people get some big bucks for the motor, I just don't know how long it takes to sell one.

The big wheels and swingarm for them are a lot more than the smaller wheel setup.

I've not seen this the 150's, can anyone relate their size to my 100 or 200? The small wheels are out there and cheap, but the BIG wheels 16/19 are what my hundred has now. ???

Other parts look pretty darn reasonable! hmmmmmm, and no fabbing of the cradle.

The warning lights in my head are because I've been working on my 350 for 3 years, accumulating parts and working on it. Have an unreasonable amount of money in it at this point, but I love it.

I think this would be a really neat bike, though I'm wondering why not just buy a 150f?

I think the best way is to get a smoking deal on a big wheel and sell the motor. I got mine for $2000. I know people get some big bucks for the motor, I just don't know how long it takes to sell one.

I think you're right. I'm looking at ebay and there are some smoking prices on individual parts, $10 pegs/axles/swingarm bolt, $40 wheels, etc but I know how it all adds up with all the little stuff you don't think of up front and shipping ,etc etc

But it is also tempting to piece it together little by little. I enjoy searching for the parts and finding good deals.

Ok, local guy. 07. pretty spotless from the pics. Asking $2300, if he'd take 2k is that a "buy it now" price? This JUST came up and I'm used to researching stuff to death before I do anything, but this has kind of fallen in my lap boom boom.

It's not money i can't spend so as long as the motor sells eventually I can live with a while. What could one reasonably expect to get for the motor? Ball park figure obviously.

Edit: ok this one is gone already. Had a bunch of nice suspension mods and extras. Have another one, 07 asking 2500 OBO and it's the big wheel version. Looks showroom condition.

Edited by MindBlower

I bought a clean '08 for 2k. I would figure about $1000-$1500 for the motor. Carbs are about $250 maybe more with the whole assembly.

I bought a clean '08 for 2k. I would figure about $1000-$1500 for the motor. Carbs are about $250 maybe more with the whole assembly.

Well if the worse case is around $750 for the rolling chassis I'd call that a pretty screaming deal! 👍

But I think I'm going to put it on the back burner for now. Got a busy summer already and I'm still spending large on the 350. Maybe next winter project. 🤣